Author Topic: Pricing software  (Read 13468 times)

Offline lancasterprinthouse

Pricing software
« on: March 24, 2018, 12:28:22 PM »
What pricing/shop management software is everyone using? I checked out Printavo and it’s really nicely but to get all the features you have to spend $250/month which is just out of range for a small shop like mine.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
Re: Pricing software
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 04:15:07 PM »
What pricing/shop management software is everyone using? I checked out Printavo and it’s really nicely but to get all the features you have to spend $250/month which is just out of range for a small shop like mine.

This has been covered a couple times and the general consensus seems to be that there is nothing great, just a lot of mediocre options that we’ve made work.

I use Printavo combined with Trello.

For pricing I would say Printavo is still lacking. We are still doing a lot of manual entry/math because the user interface for adding print costs is a pain in the ass. Way easier to make mistakes and hard to check your work (bad combo) with the way they designed it.

Still waiting for a proper solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 04:20:45 PM »
Lancaster, just get comfortable and cruise through this section to see what folks have said for the last few years.
As has been mentioned countless times, there is no one single right answer, and no perfect solution.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 04:28:39 PM »

This has been covered a couple times and the general consensus seems to be that there is nothing great, just a lot of mediocre options that we’ve made work.

For pricing I would say Printavo is still lacking. We are still doing a lot of manual entry/math because the user interface for adding print costs is a pain in the ass. Way easier to make mistakes and hard to check your work (bad combo) with the way they designed it.

Printavos lack of features at the lower price points killed it for me. Have a demo scheduled for Monday with PriceIt

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 04:30:20 PM »
Lancaster, just get comfortable and cruise through this section to see what folks have said for the last few years.
As has been mentioned countless times, there is no one single right answer, and no perfect solution.

I’m beginning to see that. There’s actually a shop I came across on instagram that has a kickstarter campaign going right for a new shop management program.

I didn’t even realize this section existed until you moved my thread. This thread is kind of pointless now that I’ve discovered this section of the forum. Lol. My bad!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 09:23:16 AM »

Printavos lack of features at the lower price points killed it for me. Have a demo scheduled for Monday with PriceIt

We tried Price-It a couple of years ago, but staff really just hated it, which I found a little less than being open minded, but the killer was bad math on invoices. The totals were less than what they should have been, obviously a problem. We just discontinued it and went forward with a less than integrated system, cobbled together parts, and use QB Accountant version so we can have Sales Orders; but the work comes and goes, though maybe with more effort than necessary in 2018... I'm not sure if Price-It had other clients with the problem we had, but I'm sure they fixed it if they did, I did find their support pretty good.

Steve

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 02:41:12 PM »
We are working on one right now.  We had our first meeting on Friday.  The lead programmer has worked in this industry and in our shop.  He has a great grasp of what needs to happen.

Our second programmer is actually currently employed here.  So he has an in depth knowledge of what the program needs to do.

The 3rd guy on the team is an API expert.  He also programs in a different language than the other 2, and has some other knowledge outside of what they know...like security.

We are still in the planning stage right now, but some of the features are going to be killer.  I know it won't work for every shop, but I think it will be clean and fast enough that it will be a good program for a lot of shops.  We are looking at about a 3 month time frame before we start beta testing.

We are still working out some logistics, client side vs server side, how to store data and things like that.  Oh yeah, and a name.  No idea what to call the thing. I was thinking Price-quoter-print-shop-tavo-vox.  It just rolls right off the tongue.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 08:25:46 AM »
I use the $149/mo option of Printavo and an old version of T-Works and I'm happy with that combo for right now.

I was highly against paying monthly for a program, but Printavo makes my life a lot easier and I'm a really small shop. I tried the 250/month plan but didn't like their pricing matrix which is why I still use my old version of T-Works to price out the jobs but I keep everything organized with Printavo.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 09:35:48 AM »
We are working on one right now.  We had our first meeting on Friday.  The lead programmer has worked in this industry and in our shop.  He has a great grasp of what needs to happen.

Our second programmer is actually currently employed here.  So he has an in depth knowledge of what the program needs to do.

The 3rd guy on the team is an API expert.  He also programs in a different language than the other 2, and has some other knowledge outside of what they know...like security.

We are still in the planning stage right now, but some of the features are going to be killer.  I know it won't work for every shop, but I think it will be clean and fast enough that it will be a good program for a lot of shops.  We are looking at about a 3 month time frame before we start beta testing.

We are still working out some logistics, client side vs server side, how to store data and things like that.  Oh yeah, and a name.  No idea what to call the thing. I was thinking Price-quoter-print-shop-tavo-vox.  It just rolls right off the tongue.
Keep us posted for sure.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Hey Monkey

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 10:49:41 PM »

Do you have a UI/UX Designer for this? That is SO important. If the front end looks like crap or isn't intuitive...

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 07:45:31 AM »
Do you have a UI/UX Designer for this? That is SO important. If the front end looks like crap or isn't intuitive...

So true. Like many other people due to usability issues we don’t use certain features.
On our program adding and adjusting print locations is a pain in the ass, and no visual feedback on the editing screen. It’s just easier, faster, and SAFER to do the math manually and check it after. Like many others I have seen math errors before, too. Unacceptable.

I wish they’d focus on improving the current application instead of talking about a mock-up building and other do-dads. Sometimes I feel they make features just good enough to add to the front of the website to sell subscriptions. Don’t even get me started on the 18 month wait for Quickbooks Sync to work, meanwhile it’s right on the front page as a feature and literally by definition does no ‘sync’ing at all. It uploads. There is no sync feature.

Someone has gotta be reading this and see an opportunity.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 08:56:25 AM »

Yes.  I agree.  It has to be clean, simple and easy to understand what is going on.  This was a big topic in our meetings.  I know how to run the program we have.  Everybody else is lost with it.  It's easy to navigate once you learn it.  We want something that is easy to navigate regardless of skill level.

Offline Teecal

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 03:35:00 PM »
TeeCal Cloud was released on April 30, 2018 to its existing customers.

TeeCal Cloud to be released to public on June 1, 2018.

Please feel free to contact TeeCal Support team for details.

http://www.teecal.com

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 04:46:23 PM »

Hey man!! How's things?

I agree with your statement. We use PriceIt, have for years. Is it as robust as ShopWorx? No. But it gets the job done well for us and always has. Plus the guys there are so damn nice!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline SteveS

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 10:30:55 AM »
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to see if the original posters had any updates on anything new and exciting on a simple quoting software. We're becoming pretty disappointed in the Fastmanager product as they don't seem to be putting much effort into solving ongoing issues with supplier integration. We just want a good quoting solution that uses most of the big supplier catalogs integrated into the system.