Author Topic: Pricing software  (Read 13521 times)

Offline SteveS

Re: Pricing software
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2019, 10:23:35 PM »
Starting to review the TeeCal software. So far I’m fairly impressed. We’re going to run it through the paces and see how well it fits and how much we can conform to it.

I wish it had a little more forms customization but I think we can get past that.

Anyone here have any comments on this application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2019, 09:56:30 AM »
If you are a smaller shop I would recommend Printavo. They are from Chicago and I have been following them for a while. I love their company but for all of the features Stokkup offers us it makes a lot more sense for us to stick with it. I would say if you have like 1 or two autos and 1 or two manuals, Printavo is perfect.

Do you find that it does most things they actually say it will do without needing to add other programs?

Printavo looks really great and I have been tempted to start to migrate over, but EVERYONE I have ever talked to has said "it would be great if it actually did everything Printavo said it would do. Many features are rolled out and are not fully functional, or you need to add other programs in conjunction with it to make it do everything." Some people were running like 3 programs with Printavo to get their workflow right.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2019, 11:32:02 AM »
Starting to review the TeeCal software. So far I’m fairly impressed. We’re going to run it through the paces and see how well it fits and how much we can conform to it.

I wish it had a little more forms customization but I think we can get past that.

Anyone here have any comments on this application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we run it and are super happy with it. Until a year or so back, it would corrupt the data every now and then, but since switching to SQL version it's been pretty good. We still have to have an invoice fixed every now and then, but it seems like one phone call a year, maybe two. They are super responsive and are on top of things when you need them though and have also implemented several features we requested.
EVERYTHING we do runs through TeeCal, we don't use any external programs except for Crystal Reports to track the performance. There are few modules we don't use since we are a contract shop, but there isn't a task being done in the shop that is not going through TeeCal. It creates the schedule, printing instructions tracks the status. . .
They are working on the client module, not sure how far along they are, but was told it would be out in the next version.
Anybody interested, I can share a screen and show how it works.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tbarnes

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2019, 11:33:09 AM »
@tbarnes

can you post about the client portal? I was told it wasn't really finished yet.

That is correct they have not finished fully developing it, I just spoke with Sean this morning. They are still working on the clients inputting information. What is fully accessible to everyone via the last update is the client viewer. This basically allows the clients to log in and view/track all of the information of the order. It will show them order status (under review, art development, in production, shipping, fulfilled, etc.) and it allows them to view every in voice, every garment type, every design entered, etc. in one convenient location.

What they are currently developing with it is client entries. The client will eventually input all of the information for every order (art files, garment type, quantities, position, shipping location, etc.) and that will generate a new PO for your shop in the system and the order status will be "under review". They are also developing it to auto-generate quotes for clients as well. We have been beta testing certain features with a handful of clients. We have gone from end to end with shipping info being input by the client, and the labels auto-generating and printing exactly what the client input through the system. They still have a lot of work to do for the quoting system and linking a few other key features together, and they won't be releasing the full update until it is finished and they have worked out the bugs so the official update is still TBD. Sorry if I misinformed you earlier, I forgot that we were testing certain features for them that have not been fully released to everyone.

If anyone has any other questions about the Stokkup software I am happy to respond when I have time.

Can you post a video?

Pierre

I will look into getting this done sometime this week. I will have to speak with Sean and his team and make sure they approve before posting anything. Do you want to see the client portal specifically?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2019, 11:43:38 AM »
@tbarnes

That is correct they have not finished fully developing it, I just spoke with Sean this morning. They are still working on the clients inputting information. What is fully accessible to everyone via the last update is the client viewer. This basically allows the clients to log in and view/track all of the information of the order. It will show them order status (under review, art development, in production, shipping, fulfilled, etc.) and it allows them to view every in voice, every garment type, every design entered, etc. in one convenient location.

What they are currently developing with it is client entries. The client will eventually input all of the information for every order (art files, garment type, quantities, position, shipping location, etc.) and that will generate a new PO for your shop in the system and the order status will be "under review". They are also developing it to auto-generate quotes for clients as well. We have been beta testing certain features with a handful of clients. We have gone from end to end with shipping info being input by the client, and the labels auto-generating and printing exactly what the client input through the system. They still have a lot of work to do for the quoting system and linking a few other key features together, and they won't be releasing the full update until it is finished and they have worked out the bugs so the official update is still TBD. Sorry if I misinformed you earlier, I forgot that we were testing certain features for them that have not been fully released to everyone.

If anyone has any other questions about the Stokkup software I am happy to respond when I have time.

Can you post a video?

Pierre

I will look into getting this done sometime this week. I will have to speak with Sean and his team and make sure they approve before posting anything. Do you want to see the client portal specifically?

thanx! Not interested in the client portal, just the overivew on the software. This way ppl that are interested can see how it works. Maybe post how to create an order, how the scheduler works and something about production sheets. That's what I would want to see (as a contract printer) . Others would probably want to see something about ordering garments too.
If there are videos of those already, feel free to post links.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tbarnes

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2019, 11:55:07 AM »
If you are a smaller shop I would recommend Printavo. They are from Chicago and I have been following them for a while. I love their company but for all of the features Stokkup offers us it makes a lot more sense for us to stick with it. I would say if you have like 1 or two autos and 1 or two manuals, Printavo is perfect.

Do you find that it does most things they actually say it will do without needing to add other programs?

Printavo looks really great and I have been tempted to start to migrate over, but EVERYONE I have ever talked to has said "it would be great if it actually did everything Printavo said it would do. Many features are rolled out and are not fully functional, or you need to add other programs in conjunction with it to make it do everything." Some people were running like 3 programs with Printavo to get their workflow right.

I personally have not fully used the software just played around with the trial, but I have heard from a lot of people the same thing. You end up having to utilize other programs or pay for some kind of add on to get it to function the way they advertise. I have also been told their customer service is not a strong suit. I do know that they are killing it at their price point though, and that a lot of the same people complaining about these things feel the product still justifies the cost and continue their subscription. From what I see it is great to track invoices and quotes but I am unimpressed by the calendar.

I suggest going on their website and doing the free trial to see how it works for your shop. It is two weeks which gives you plenty of time to critique it.

Offline tbarnes

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2019, 11:59:02 AM »
@tbarnes

Can you post a video?

Pierre

thanx! Not interested in the client portal, just the overivew on the software. This way ppl that are interested can see how it works. Maybe post how to create an order, how the scheduler works and something about production sheets. That's what I would want to see (as a contract printer) . Others would probably want to see something about ordering garments too.
If there are videos of those already, feel free to post links.

pierre
Here is a link to their youtube channel. Sean said he will work on getting some new videos out soon and post on there. Whenever he does I can link those as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-gF8qty4NOPgGN9EyiZw8g

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2019, 01:11:29 PM »

we run it and are super happy with it. Until a year or so back, it would corrupt the data every now and then, but since switching to SQL version it's been pretty good. We still have to have an invoice fixed every now and then, but it seems like one phone call a year, maybe two. They are super responsive and are on top of things when you need them though and have also implemented several features we requested.
EVERYTHING we do runs through TeeCal, we don't use any external programs except for Crystal Reports to track the performance. There are few modules we don't use since we are a contract shop, but there isn't a task being done in the shop that is not going through TeeCal. It creates the schedule, printing instructions tracks the status. . .
They are working on the client module, not sure how far along they are, but was told it would be out in the next version.
Anybody interested, I can share a screen and show how it works.

pierre

Sorry, I should clarify this. . . We still use other software in the shop, like QuickBooks and Adobe Illustrator, but as far as tracking production stuff, it's Teecal only.All invoice tracking including AR also runs through Teecal. Only when the work is done and the money is collected do the invoices move to QB.
Reporting is done with QB and Crystal Reports.

pierre

Offline jasonsee

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2020, 09:26:25 AM »
Do check out https://www.yoprint.com/ , the job presets make it super easy to open sales order in under 10 seconds.  You can stack/combine multiple pricing matrices into ur line items. We got quite a few TeeCal users switched to YoPrint...

On top of it, YoPrint has a free plan going, so there's no reason you still using pen and paper.