Author Topic: Any Freemasons here?  (Read 1371 times)

Offline KevinD

• Verified/Junior
Any Freemasons here?
« on: March 27, 2018, 08:18:29 AM »
PM myself...WM last year Rockford MI #246. 
Kevin Dumont/General Manager/GM Graphics
Office 231-652.2210 ext 218 Cell  616-322-5925
kdumont@gmcompanies.com www.gmgraphicssupply.com
Facebook/Instragram/Linkedin/Youtube  "GM Graphics"

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Any Freemasons here?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 10:43:27 AM »
Hey Kevin,

good seeing you at the show the other day!

For those of us that know next to nothing about Freemasons, would you care to give us some info on the organization and what you personally are getting out of it?

thanx,

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline easyrider1340

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 11:20:19 AM »
My grandfather was, but I know very little about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 12:30:55 PM »
My Ex was in Job's Daughters.  She said a lot of the older people were very unforgiving of the younger crowd.  She has seen multiple chapters close in Oregon and Nor Cal in her last 10 years.

Other than that, great organization for charity work!
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 12:39:00 PM »
My dad was one in the 50's and early 60's, but he left, or just stopped going, I don't know why and never asked. The mason's I do know do some very good charity work.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline endhymns

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 03:36:14 PM »
My brother is a long time Odd Fellow affiliated with the Waxahachie, TX chapter. If anyone ever happens to visit Waxahachie, check out the Webb Gallery. The owner Bruce has one of the largest private collections of historic Mason and Odd Fellow art. Cool visit!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 04:29:28 PM »
My brother is a long time Odd Fellow affiliated with the Waxahachie, TX chapter. If anyone ever happens to visit Waxahachie, check out the Webb Gallery. The owner Bruce has one of the largest private collections of historic Mason and Odd Fellow art. Cool visit!

I used to laugh as a kid at the big Odd Fellows Hall sign downtown, I didn't know what it meant then, and my mother belonged to them. Why were they so proud of being odd? I get it now of course, being rather odd myself...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline KevinD

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 08:11:11 AM »
Hey Kevin,

good seeing you at the show the other day!

For those of us that know next to nothing about Freemasons, would you care to give us some info on the organization and what you personally are getting out of it?

thanx,

pierre

We strive to make ourselves better men for our family, friends, and communities. You join a fraternity that will make you recognizable by other freemason around the world. When ever I need help and I am in need of assistance I can call on any local lodge for all the help I need around the world.   We meet in a lodge to support each other and spread light. We believe all men are equal, and we all come from Deity. We do not tell you what that deity has to be, you can be Christian, Jewish, Hindu, muslum, etc. but you have to believe in one.  Atheist are not allowed.  Much of the ideas of the founding fathers come from freemasonry.  George Washington being the most famous founding father that was a freemason.  I suggest if you want to learn more about it I would get the book "Freemasons for dummies".  Silly enough it is a really good book about freemasonry without letting out all of those {secrets}, or ties to all the money! Be carful what you read on the internet, real freemasons take a oath to never print, paint, stamp, stain, carve, nor engrave, on anything legible or intelligible any secrets of freemasonry.

Online T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 11:03:07 AM »
My Dad was Master of his lodge in Willow Glen CA, I remember when i was a kid he had a bunch of little Masonic books and memorized many of the passages. A lot of business deals were kept in the circle, gas, food, cars contractors needs were always filled by one of the chapter members.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline KevinD

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 01:48:03 PM »
My Dad was Master of his lodge in Willow Glen CA, I remember when i was a kid he had a bunch of little Masonic books and memorized many of the passages. A lot of business deals were kept in the circle, gas, food, cars contractors needs were always filled by one of the chapter members.

Memorize.....yes we have a lot of ritual that has to be memorized.  part of learning and passing to different degrees.