Author Topic: Online Classes for Graphic Artists Screen Printing  (Read 2731 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Online Classes for Graphic Artists Screen Printing
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 01:11:01 PM »
If the other printing company is outputting the film, they should also be taking care of the halftone for the 25% opacity, as they should know what they need to do as far as their production dot gain and all.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Online Classes for Graphic Artists Screen Printing
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 01:32:51 PM »
Another question, maybe someone can answer it for me. I was sent a file to set up for film that has letters set at 25% opacity. I am sending this job out to be printed by another company, but I want to make sure I have the file set up properly for them.

Do I need to change these letters into a halftone for it to print properly? It needs to appear lighter than the image that is on top of it. It will be a one color job (black).
I would leave it as it is with an explanation. Let them convert it to halftones for best results. If they can not, then consider doing it yourself.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!