Author Topic: The Wildside transfers  (Read 993 times)

Offline Croft

The Wildside transfers
« on: April 01, 2018, 02:33:41 PM »
does anyone have exp. with there transfers, a customer brought a couple hundred of various biker designs to put on 100% cotton tees , I'm not really getting consistent good results

there seems to be ink left on the paper , not a ghost image but actual chunks of ink. Ive got newer stahls hotronix irons, what are the tricks or tips for these.

I have the instructions but not really working at what they are saying?

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: The Wildside transfers
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 02:36:37 PM »
does anyone have exp. with there transfers, a customer brought a couple hundred of various biker designs to put on 100% cotton tees , I'm not really getting consistent good results

there seems to be ink left on the paper , not a ghost image but actual chunks of ink. Ive got newer stahls hotronix irons, what are the tricks or tips for these.

I have the instructions but not really working at what they are saying?

Are they old?.....

Offline Croft

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 02:45:58 PM »
I don't think so, last time I did them for the customer I think there was one design that was old because there was no way to get them off the paper.  I'm just doing some now I have the temp at 400* and am ironing 15 sec waiting a second or 2 then peeling they seem to be working so far.?

using the temp and time in the instructions just isn't working

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 04:11:09 PM »
Sounds like hot peel working.  Are the instructions cold peel?

From their web site for lights

Hot Peel - CMYK Lights Only
• Recommended Fabrics: 100% cotton & cotton/poly blends

Temperature Range:
390-400 degrees fahrenheit
Press Time:
10 seconds
Pressure:
40 psi or higher
Release Time:
peel immediately

Set heat transfer machine to 390-400 degrees fahrenheit.
    Place garment on pad, smooth wrinkles and remove any lint or foreign material from the surface of the garment.
    Position transfer in desired position with with transfer side against garment.
    Close and lock iron for 10 seconds, making sure pressure setting is adequate for good adhesion to garment. (Not less than 40 psi).
    Release heating head gently and immediately remove transfer paper. The garment does not have to be removed from the iron to remove the paper.
    Garments should be laundered without bleaching agents, using a mild detergent and warm water.

=========================
From their web site for light or darks:

Opaque Hot Peel - CMYK Lights & Darks, Puff, Crystalina
• Recommended Fabrics: 100% cotton & cotton/poly blends

Temperature Range:
390-400 degrees fahrenheit
Press Time:
8 seconds
Pressure:
Max psi
Release Time:
peel immediately

Set heating press to 390-400 deggrees.
    Once heating press is hot, pre-heat your garment by pressing it for about one second.
    Apply your transfer to your garment.
    Press for 8 seconds at maximum pressure.
    Peel transfer paper immediately. Do not wait for garment to get warm or cold.

=========================
The only one I see with a 'release time' is for Foil.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 04:24:31 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers