Author Topic: Simple Sewing equipment  (Read 1228 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Simple Sewing equipment
« on: March 02, 2018, 10:41:38 AM »
We are looking to start seweing hem tags on garments.

What equipment do i need to look for to do this? I know nothing about embroidery equipment, but want to learn!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Simple Sewing equipment
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 10:59:06 AM »
I think you need a serge or a regular sewing machine
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline kirkwad

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 11:00:34 AM »
This is the one we just purchased: https://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/smp-335870079225.php

It was recommended to us by another shop in town that does a TON of woven labels and clip tags. It's programmable so that you can tell the machine what the size of the tag is and it auto stitches, back stitches and locks the stitch so it's kind of a no-brainer to use.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 11:35:19 AM »
This is the one we just purchased: https://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/smp-335870079225.php

It was recommended to us by another shop in town that does a TON of woven labels and clip tags. It's programmable so that you can tell the machine what the size of the tag is and it auto stitches, back stitches and locks the stitch so it's kind of a no-brainer to use.

Woah! that's awesome! i'd love to know how you guys think it works once you get it set up and running!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 02:48:27 PM »
Auto cut as well?

Offline kirkwad

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 11:21:50 AM »
Update on our Juki DDL 8700-7:

We got it in & did an order of woven labels sewn into about 180 hoodies. It took a little under 2 hours to do the whole order, but we were getting used to the operation & application. I imagine we'll be outputting more now that we're used to the process & operation.

This machine is great. It can go super fast if need be. The computer we bought with it allows you to program how many lock & back stitches to perform @ the beginning & end of a sew, all controlled by the foot pedal on the bottom. It also does do an auto-trim after the final back stitch. It saves a huge amount of time compared to using a traditional sewing machine. This was recommended to us by another shop & I would definitely recommend this unit to anybody doing sew in labels.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 03:52:21 PM »
Thanks for the follow up!