Author Topic: New Epson T3270 thread  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
New Epson T3270 thread
« on: April 16, 2018, 12:32:08 PM »
Since there is a very large one already going, I thought I'd start a fresh one with just one question; our has been working very well, until we changed to a new roll of film Friday afternoon. Same product we've used right along, the only change being removing the old core and installing the new roll. There is spatter all around the printed image, only where there is image, not on open areas, and it's kind of like a halo. See attached, it much more top and bottom, not so much the sides, which makes some kind of sense.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: New Epson T3270 thread
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 01:20:11 PM »
yikes.  How's it print on plain paper or enchanced matte?  Might help narrow down the possibilities to print on another media type. 

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 01:40:19 PM »
Do a head clean that will probably help.
Shane

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 05:55:33 PM »
Do a head clean that will probably help.
Shane

I am with Shane! 'have seen this before and cleaning helped.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline DonR

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 05:56:49 PM »
This happened to me a few month ago. The printed changed the type of paper when we changed the roll. Changed the settings back and all is well.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 06:11:14 PM »
This happened to me a few month ago. The printed changed the type of paper when we changed the roll. Changed the settings back and all is well.

Had the unwanted change in setting changed it to a paper that laid down more ink? Was it just too much for the film?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline DonR

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 11:24:10 PM »
I don't remember what the setting was changed to. We got a smudge to the side of any print. Looked like a birds foot print down the side of the film. Looking at text in the film and you could see a little haze around the lettering. Once the setting was corrected the film printed perfectly again. Well as close to perfect that you can get from an inkjet printer.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 08:00:27 AM »

This may be the culprit, we had put in some lustre paper to make some prints for the office walls, and then changed back to film (I hate how it makes you waste a foot or so of film when reloading). But we did change it back to "Heavyweight Polyester", any other setting I might be forgetting?

Steve

And thanks everyone...

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 02:36:46 PM »
Head cleaning fixed it, we had also done a head re-alignment earlier in the day, thanks everybody.

Steve