Author Topic: Printing fleece Questions  (Read 870 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Printing fleece Questions
« on: April 16, 2018, 09:37:23 AM »
We have always got a reasonable result printing fleece on a automatic using 110 base and 150 top colors.
I'm trying to improve the result, get a thinner print and tried 150 base and 150 for the top colors.
Result is not great, the base is not smooth or white enough.
Questions are?
Can I print fleece with a 150 base?
What squeegee is recommended?
Can I use the roller on fleece?
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Printing fleece Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 12:29:03 PM »
is it plastisol? If so, 150 should be fine!

Using the roller is also fine, just make sure your adhesive is working correctly.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 02:48:02 PM »
we use 150s mesh here.  We will use the roller on stable fleece fabrics.

Some fleece is really spongy and does not do well with any kind of movement (slightly tacky ink will - potentiall - shift the garment a bit... it sucks).  We do not use the roller on those just to eliminate the possibility of a misprint.

We will use 180s mesh for our top colors - maybe a 225s depending.

And as always - spray tack is your friend :D
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline endhymns

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 02:55:09 PM »
Agreed. 150 should be fine. I like a 70/90/70 blade for poly bases and try to print with just enough pressure to clear in one stroke. I try to avoid double stroking fleece. Usually have to slow your stroke down considerably to start, but can speed things up pretty quickly as the ink gets moving which will help with brightness.

May need to lighten up pressure on roller as well if you’re getting too much pull as Colin mentioned but can try bumping your flash down for smoother prints.