Author Topic: 48 screens 8,200 impressions 2 employees and 4 days to do it all.  (Read 2018 times)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
It may not sound like much to the bigger guys around here, but my little shop was put to the test a couple weeks back.
A new new client ( a church) fired their previous screen printer 5 days before their big easter performance.  This performance is in a huge 800 person Theatre located at the church, and it is a big deal for them each year.  I dont know the story, but the short of it was they heard from a friend, that we do good work.

Willing to take on the challenge, we sat, talked and they gave us the go ahead to get them taken care of.  Trusting in our skill, and willingness to put in the effort to make them look good.

There were a total of 9 different designs ranging from onesies to adult 5XL.  Multiple screens for front and back, and hem "tag" printing. 

This job was the most stressed out ive ever been in my career, but I kept it cool, and left each day with my head on straight knowing coming in the next morning, what needed to be accomplished.
It was trying at times, and I thought id never finish, but it all finally started falling in place, and the client dropped in unexpectedly to see how we were doing.  They were blown away at what we were able to get done in such a short amount of time.

They picked everything up and all items were delivered a day early for them to sort, and get their lobby store in order for opening night.
We printed almost $60K in retail for the church, and they have less than 20 shirts remaining, so they were very happy with they way everything turned out.
Im happy its over with, and now I have a new client. 
Just wanted to share this whirlwind of a job that came and went.  It was nuts to say the least.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: 48 screens 8,200 impressions 2 employees and 4 days to do it all.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 01:45:12 PM »
Fantastic story.  I'm happy for you.  I know how good it feels to nail something like that.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 02:11:48 PM »
very cool!
That's one of those I preach about all the time. Most shops would say NO! And the successful ones will say, YES, we'll find a way. It has to feel good knowing what you pulled off and the bank account increase can't hurt either!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 05:49:09 PM »
and to add some people remember what you did and sent more biz your way,  Good deal for you guys!!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 06:20:24 PM »
very nice indeed, it's good you didn't have something else with a deadline. Our record was printing 9K with 2 manual presses over a weekend. Just put the nose to the grindstone. Excellent job sir.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline inkstain

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 09:21:30 PM »
Congrats on getting that done! 

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 06:10:10 AM »
nice! team work at it's best...I think you deserve to take the rest of the month off ;D
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 07:15:00 AM »
Nicely done!  You’ve earned yourself a nice check and a new customer.  We had a faithful customer order 4000 shirts last spring on a Wednesday and needed them on Sunday in SC.  We are in Arkansas so it was print like maniacs, rent a uhaul and get them delivered. 

They have been using us for 10 years but could use anyone.  They always place substantial orders so we make sure they are taken care of.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 11:29:31 AM »
Its amazing what we can all do when the pressure is on and everyone is on top of their game!

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 02:16:20 AM »
Great attitude.    That's the way to build a business.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 05:55:38 PM »
Just made a customer for life!  good deal