Author Topic: CCI Boost vs. CCI CMS  (Read 1320 times)

Offline lancasterprinthouse

CCI Boost vs. CCI CMS
« on: April 22, 2018, 05:02:25 PM »
I currently use the CMS pigments for WB and DC color matches. I was just on CCI's website looking for the U-Base and saw the Boost line of pigments. Do anyone know how these differ from the CMS pigments? The description on their website is identical.

Thanks

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: CCI Boost vs. CCI CMS
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 07:56:48 PM »
I currently use the CMS pigments for WB and DC color matches. I was just on CCI's website looking for the U-Base and saw the Boost line of pigments. Do anyone know how these differ from the CMS pigments? The description on their website is identical.

Thanks

It's basically a triple pigment load. CCI please chime in if available.

Offline CCI

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 04:27:47 PM »
Its thickened slightly to make it easier to measure out and its approx double the strength of the CMS pigments. When discharging its gives a much stronger color, for straight water based stick with CMS

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 05:43:22 PM »
Its thickened slightly to make it easier to measure out and its approx double the strength of the CMS pigments. When discharging its gives a much stronger color, for straight water based stick with CMS

Interesting. So would the values then remain the same? For instance if the Pantone book calls for 10g of Red 032 I would still use 10g? I love the standard pigments but I might pick these up for discharge Printing because some colors are hard to hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CCI

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 01:44:54 PM »
yes, just follow the same formulae . The printed colors will look much stronger than CMS mixes. We also have the colors ready made under the T-Charge brand so either using clear base and Boost colors or T-Charge inks will give you the same colors. There is a small starter kit available as well. All info is on the website www.ccidom.com

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 07:17:41 PM »
Perfect. I’ve contacted my local (closest to me) CCI dist and they don’t sell the boost pigments. That supplier is Martin supply. Ryonet is another that we use and they only have gallons. Can you point me to a supplier on the east coast (close to pa if possible) that has quarts of the boost colors? Or even 8oz if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk