Author Topic: 5 Reasons Shops Are Switching to Printavo  (Read 2018 times)

Offline printavo

5 Reasons Shops Are Switching to Printavo
« on: April 17, 2018, 09:12:36 AM »
Faster than ever we are seeing more and more shops switch over to Printavo. Written by a real shop owner, here is why you are missing out.

1. Printavo is Easy
Yup, it's easy. Simple, yes, but easy is the key. With the ability to load Printavo onto any device, at any time, by any user, there are very few steps necessary to interact with the platform. First-time users can navigate through the basics with ease. Using new, adaptive, and responsive technology the user experience is not overwhelming.

Your entire business settings are on one page, and your home page is the calendar of your business. It is difficult to get lost in the platform, and the software is lightweight, meaning it focuses on quick load times and a welcoming user interface.

2. Printavo is Flexible
Every shop is different. Every business has a unique personality. The goal of Printavo is not to show you the single way to run your business, rather it allows you to automate, simplify, and adapt your current workflow to a transparent and efficient platform. Different businesses offer different products and multiple decoration types. Printavo works to streamline those processes.

For instance, with pricing, the platform allows you to take your current decoration pricing practices and model it based on decoration methods for your employees to simply use. Perhaps there is one pricing model for DTG, another for embroidery, one for screenprinting, and the last for sign printing.

Printavo doesn't tell you the exact methodology that goes into every print job, instead, it allows you to define the tasks associated with different workflows. You may have different stages of your job, and different employees may have specific roles associated with those stages. Instead of defining those stages for you, Printavo allows you to create custom invoice statuses that have actions associated with them.

Printavo knows that it will not do everything for you, that is why they believe in seamless integration. While Printavo has an open API for experienced users, it also integrates with Zapier, that is a common day tool to connect other apps.

Read the full article here: https://www.printavo.com/blog/5-reasons-shops-are-switching-to-printavo
https://www.printavo.com - Printavo, simple shop management software.

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
Re: 5 Reasons Shops Are Switching to Printavo
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 10:52:12 PM »
Is Printavo ever going to sync with Quickbooks Enterprise?
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 12:07:02 PM »
Web app interaction with local programs is a no no.

Browsers allowed it in the 90's. Remember Geocities web pages that would try and
open folders on your hard drive? "Please click okay on the next screen". Not good.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 12:52:57 PM »
yes and no, you can download packages to install to update QB.  There are other routes as well that aren't security risks. It's doable but I think most folks are going QB online or Xero.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 01:02:28 PM »
yes and no, you can download packages to install to update QB.

Not direct interaction between web app and local program.
You could probably have web app/QB produce some sort of file and sync
on an import basis.

There are other routes as well that aren't security risks.

MS Silverlight tried. Sucked.
The reality being that no browser is going to let a web page control your local computer, even
if you tell it to let you do so. Way way way too much inherent risk.

Eff the cloud.

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 01:36:28 PM »
Quickbooks Online is literally a piece of trash compared to the Quickbooks Accountants Enterprise.
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 01:40:51 PM »
Quickbooks Online is literally a piece of trash compared to the Quickbooks Accountants Enterprise.

Even Quickbooks Pro is better.  Our accountant hates online.  Maybe that's changed since last year, but he asked us not to switch if possible.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 01:45:43 PM »

This and that's saying a lot in light of how much bloat QB is to begin with.
I just love being advertised to in software I buy.

Furthermore, in our industry, I think a shop management program/database being able to interact
with local programs (Illy/PS, QB, *managing artwork files*) is pretty important.

I think the ideal would be a local program used in shop that interacts with a remotely hosted app.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 02:22:23 PM »
I think someone will get this type of software right someday, none of them are "close" in my mind. Just better in ways than others. Each have some glaring issues.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 02:32:13 PM »
I think the ideal would be a local program used in shop that interacts with a remotely hosted app.

Yep.  Think about data entry applications, cloud programs must be a nightmare for that, slowing down fast keying operators, not saving work correctly, internet connection has a hiccup....

Every cloud app we use, even the more robust ones are infinitely slower than a local application, there is a true cost to that. 

Pile on the utter lack of back end functionality in most web apps and their grossly inflated cost v. versioned, local software and I feel we're paying exponentially more for software that takes exponentially longer to enter data into and, once you finally get it all in there, you can't even sort and stack it to view because the app is actually nothing more than a glorified GUI.

The above is generally speaking, not necessarily a knock on this specific product.  Someone needs to step up and sell an actual product, not a GUI with ever expanding "features" that never worked to begin with or simply funnel your data into a black hole. 

In the case of Printavo we have to utilize, and this is the real kicker, yet more saas apps to get our bookkeeping connected.  API calls from Prinavo to Xero in this case.   This is the way the web/cloud environment is going to have to work ultimately and the next step up to a cloud platform to tie it all together costs even more. 

/end rant

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 02:43:46 PM »
I view cloud apps much like I view screenprinted flatstock.

Large format digital printers came around and everyone salivated at the idea but we all know which one is better.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 03:05:44 PM »
The above is generally speaking, not necessarily a knock on this specific product.  Someone needs to step up and sell an actual product, not a GUI with ever expanding "features" that never worked to begin with or simply funnel your data into a black hole. 

In the case of Printavo we have to utilize, and this is the real kicker, yet more saas apps to get our bookkeeping connected.  API calls from Prinavo to Xero in this case.   This is the way the web/cloud environment is going to have to work ultimately and the next step up to a cloud platform to tie it all together costs even more. 

/end rant

AGREED. Super annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 07:07:49 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but is there really a need for Quickbooks when using something like Printavo? I track all my expenses from there and at the end of the year I just give my accountant the numbers on a spreadsheet. I understand my taxes are probably much more simplified than most of you since my business is so small and there is no sales tax on apparel in NJ. But still, I've never touched Quickbooks and I'm starting to wonder where the main benefits are for using another program to track income/expenses. Is there something I'm missing? Please excuse my ignorance   :-[

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 11:17:23 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but is there really a need for Quickbooks when using something like Printavo?

It's a legit question. When I was a sole proprietor I looked into just using our db to handle all accounting stuff.
Even wrote a script to import transactions from our bank feed. But re-inventing the wheel yadda yadda.
Keeping track of and paying sales tax was actually one of the reasons I stopped working on it.

QB has it's place. We use it as a backend for the most part, and for our bookkeeper and accountant.
It's also really good for reporting and making charts and graphs. And I would hate to manage payroll
and its associated taxes without it.