Author Topic: 5 Reasons Shops Are Switching to Printavo  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: 5 Reasons Shops Are Switching to Printavo
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 12:27:20 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but is there really a need for Quickbooks when using something like Printavo?

It's a legit question. When I was a sole proprietor I looked into just using our db to handle all accounting stuff.
Even wrote a script to import transactions from our bank feed. But re-inventing the wheel yadda yadda.
Keeping track of and paying sales tax was actually one of the reasons I stopped working on it.

QB has it's place. We use it as a backend for the most part, and for our bookkeeper and accountant.
It's also really good for reporting and making charts and graphs. And I would hate to manage payroll
and its associated taxes without it.

Okay that makes a lot of sense. If I had employees and had to keep track of sales tax and all the other things that go into a larger sized business I can see how that would help streamline the process and keep it organized. Thanks!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 12:30:31 PM »
Sure thing. And trust me, if I didn't have to use it I would have burned it with fire already.

Offline Stinkhorn Press

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 12:47:25 PM »
i am small. only 5 employees.
i use QB (pro desktop) daily. front desk uses QB every hour of every day.

there are better invoicing system.
there are better receivables systems.
there are at least as good payroll systems.
there are probably at least as good financials/reporting systems.
there absolutely are better CRM systems out there.
BUT there is nothing as cheap, and functional that has all those attributes that I am aware of.

that's a large part of shop management's problem. they sometime try to re-invent the wheel and don't have the resources and history to pull off these functions.

Offline printavo

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 07:24:19 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Unfortunately, QB doesn't support integrations to any desktop versions anymore. QB also glitches quick often too and on desktop versions, we couldn't fix that for our shops.
https://www.printavo.com - Printavo, simple shop management software.