Artist > Copyrights/Trade Marks info/questions

Boy Scout Logo

(1/2) > >>

Frog:
Tables have turned.
Years ago I used to link folks to the BSA site and their rules about who can print this and when.
Now, I need to know what the rules are again. I'm thinking that it's still pretty tight.
(If not, I assume that they will also make a vector file available to troops)
Got sent the Custom Ink version of what they'd like, and apparently Custom Ink has the needed licence.

Frog:
I should bring up the technical conundrum that I think it may boil down to for me.
I believe that it can be used non-commercially by scouts for shirts for their related activities and events.
However, does it leave the cozy confines of "non-commercial" as soon as we do the printing commercially?

Frog:
Just got off the phone with a BSA rep, and he filled me in.
It's on the scout troop mother to deal with getting authorization and that's only accepted by email.
Whether it gets okayed easily, I don't know.

Doug S:
Good info to know.

numbercruncher:
as a scout master emeritus of 20 years + and active in the screen printing industry it bugged me that the BSA requirements for printing tees appeared bias towards National getting a cut. Troops by nature are essentially local, yes National  provides support, but to deny the local troop the right to select a local printer(who often was cheaper than the approved site) just didn't seem right. Plus we used to have a great time designing our shirts at the screen printer with one of their artist's assistance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version