Author Topic: Boy Scout Logo  (Read 1869 times)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Boy Scout Logo
« on: April 18, 2018, 04:35:18 PM »
Tables have turned.
Years ago I used to link folks to the BSA site and their rules about who can print this and when.
Now, I need to know what the rules are again. I'm thinking that it's still pretty tight.
(If not, I assume that they will also make a vector file available to troops)
Got sent the Custom Ink version of what they'd like, and apparently Custom Ink has the needed licence.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Boy Scout Logo
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 05:12:03 PM »
I should bring up the technical conundrum that I think it may boil down to for me.
I believe that it can be used non-commercially by scouts for shirts for their related activities and events.
However, does it leave the cozy confines of "non-commercial" as soon as we do the printing commercially?

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 05:35:38 PM »
Just got off the phone with a BSA rep, and he filled me in.
It's on the scout troop mother to deal with getting authorization and that's only accepted by email.
Whether it gets okayed easily, I don't know.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 08:00:15 PM »
Good info to know.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline numbercruncher

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 09:12:20 AM »
as a scout master emeritus of 20 years + and active in the screen printing industry it bugged me that the BSA requirements for printing tees appeared bias towards National getting a cut. Troops by nature are essentially local, yes National  provides support, but to deny the local troop the right to select a local printer(who often was cheaper than the approved site) just didn't seem right. Plus we used to have a great time designing our shirts at the screen printer with one of their artist's assistance.
Michael Jirasek
Independent Consultant
708-227-5084
jirs23m@hotmail.com

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 09:20:44 AM »
as a scout master emeritus of 20 years + and active in the screen printing industry it bugged me that the BSA requirements for printing tees appeared bias towards National getting a cut. Troops by nature are essentially local, yes National  provides support, but to deny the local troop the right to select a local printer(who often was cheaper than the approved site) just didn't seem right. Plus we used to have a great time designing our shirts at the screen printer with one of their artist's assistance.

How easy is it for the local group to get an authorization for the logo use for a shirt project?