Author Topic: Movie Licensing... Anyone here do it for apparel?  (Read 2019 times)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Movie Licensing... Anyone here do it for apparel?
« on: April 19, 2018, 12:34:39 PM »
Id love to talk to someone here who may have some info on this.  I know of some people who run Horror based apparel companies, and Im looking into becoming my own client for a new project Id like to get off of the ground floor.

Does anyone here have any info they'd be willing to share as to getting proper licensing?  Do I have to go to a convention to get it done, and what do companies want to see from the potential Licensee? 

Just curious if anyone could shed some light on this for me.

Thanks all!

Offline rusty

Re: Movie Licensing... Anyone here do it for apparel?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 01:57:42 PM »
I've been looking into doing this for a while, I just don't have the time and money yet. If I can get away im going to the licensing expo in Vegas in late May.

I am sure someone can explain better than I, but companies want to know you have a good distro network, will represent their brand well (they would most definitely want to approve artwork) and you usually pay an upfront fee just to buy the rights and then negotiate a percentage of sales.

I have looked into horror movies and older obscure bands because it's a lower cost to get into that game. And it's a niche.

Here is a good intro

https://www.licenseglobal.com/sites/default/files/GLG_BrandLicensing_Handbook.pdf