Author Topic: Top white NOT last in the print order? Anyone pull this off?  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Mr Tees!!

Top white NOT last in the print order? Anyone pull this off?
« on: April 23, 2018, 11:38:12 AM »
...Im printing a very bright, chromatic neon-ey PMS color that i simply cannot step on. Trying to figure if i can get away with printing a top white BEFORE this color. Anyone have any luck with this? Its several hundred pieces, pretty big vector-ey areas.

Six color press, only one flash (can revolver this if absolutely necessary, just trying to get some time back). I'm using IC legacy white, and have several bases and the wilflex pc system if needed (thinking maybe a mix of wow base and white pigment?) Also have a full complement of S-mesh to work with.

Just dont wanna spend time shooting at a moving target if its impossible to hit in the first place, yknow
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: Top white NOT last in the print order? Anyone pull this off?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 11:59:15 AM »
When I have to do this on my manual (rarely, but sometimes it happens) I try to use as many anti-stick options as possible together:

-as little pressure as possible on the final screen
-a little extra off contact
-thinner eom
-spray on silicon on the substrate side of the screen
-higher speed on the squeegee

Also, if it doesnt mess with the rest of your print (it might), you can try to make the base more opaque prior to the flash (lower mesh, S mesh, higher eom, less pressure, higher speed, etc) so you can use a higher mesh and less top white in general.  Other inks will print stickier wet on wet on a "thicker" base though...

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 12:23:30 PM »
Tried this last week. Did not work, but that may have been due to the artwork. Top W was blurring into the black, had to revolve 600 pcs due to our flash situation. I have printed the top W with wet glow in the dark ink on top before successfully. But that was directly on top of the white. Wish I had more, following this thread! good luck!

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 02:46:07 PM »
Depends on artwork, but we frequently will if there is little info in the top white, and ther his a sensitive colour that would do better after the top white. Single strokes only.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 03:33:26 PM »
We've had the odd occasion to print the top white second or third to last in the order, careful about making sure the top white doesn't mess with other colors if being stepped on.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't