Author Topic: I'm embarrassed by my 16 month absence from TheShirtBoard.....  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I'm embarrassed by my 16 month absence from TheShirtBoard.

Apologies to my friends and colleagues......

BUTT this is why:

In order to extend the lifespan of my substantially overweight Mortal Coil, I IMMERSED myself in a major lifestyle change. And that includes becoming a part of a Low Carb Community (forum) for accountability IN EARNEST. (Daily tracking, weighing and nearly 1000 posts since Dec 30, 2016.)

I'm now 5 months thin--after 5 decades Phatt. (333 down to 179)

I'll try to get back here more now, since My ScreenPrinting Diploma still lists TheShirtBoard as the issuing institution. (Grins.....) ~150+ pounds less of me does help with the guilt of not contributing to TSB.

Stan
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 10:35:03 AM by Itsa Little CrOoked »

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: I'm embarrassed by my 16 month absence from TheShirtBoard.....
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 10:44:17 AM »
Congrats on the loss!

Btw: 6'2" and 310 here.  I need to drop weight after a lower spine injury.... Inspiration! :)
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 11:05:11 AM »
Congrats!

My wife and I started "Lazy" Keto (basically just low carb diet) at the beginning of this year.  I wasnt even that overweight (i am 5'10" and was 200ish) and I have lost 30 pounds (was 170 this morning).  Lowest I've been since high school.  You can actually see all the muscle I have from manual printing for the last decade.  I have done zero exercise outside of printing, and now I can even do pull ups and bounce on a trampoline without my joints hurting, which is a first in a while.  The diet is incredibly easy too.  I pretty much just eat fast food for lunch but without the bun now and drink coke zero instead of regular soda, and we dont eat bread, rice, or pasta for dinner, but there are easy to make and tasty alternatives for all of those. So much bacon, butter, cheese, bbq, etc...yum!

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 11:16:21 AM »
Thanks Colin!

I've shrunk an inch or so (at 64 years) in height, but being under 180 and just over 6'1 now, I can promise:  Dropping over 10 stone is a life changer.

I no longer hurt, pretty much anywhere. 

Just Googlesnoop switching to a Ketogenic way of eating and see where that leads you.

Sugar is a killer....at least in the unnatural amounts to which we are accustomed.  "The Poison is in the Dosage"

Congrats!

My wife and I started "Lazy" Keto (basically just low carb diet) at the beginning of this year.  I wasnt even that overweight (i am 5'10" and was 200ish) and I have lost 30 pounds (was 170 this morning).  Lowest I've been since high school.  You can actually see all the muscle I have from manual printing for the last decade.  I have done zero exercise outside of printing, and now I can even do pull ups and bounce on a trampoline without my joints hurting, which is a first in a while.  The diet is incredibly easy too.  I pretty much just eat fast food for lunch but without the bun now and drink coke zero instead of regular soda, and we dont eat bread, rice, or pasta for dinner, but there are easy to make and tasty alternatives for all of those. So much bacon, butter, cheese, bbq, etc...yum!

I'm not surprised Mr Mimosa! Good on the both of ya! (I've missed reading your posts) (And I LOVE my vacuum platen design, tips and tricks I shamelessly stole from you!!!!)

It's great to feel good, ain't it?  After 50 years of PHATT, I know what feeling good is, cuz I felt so bad.  And really didn't fully realize it.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 11:24:45 AM »
Welcome back Stan
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 11:42:59 AM »
Good for you guys, I've been on a smoothie clean drink for the last 10 days with my wife and I've dropped 10 lbs 240 to 230
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Stinkhorn Press

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 11:47:53 AM »
now you need to buy a jacket to fit the new you!  ;)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 11:52:09 AM »
I knew somebody would mention the jacket. My orchestra members ragged on me too!

(And that already smaller jacket has since been retired, alongside the 52" pants.)

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 12:27:16 PM »
Wife and I started keto last March. Lost almost 80lbs between us and have kept it off to this day by simply changing out diet. Knees used to kill going up and down stairs. I can do a sprint up and down them now without being winded or pain. Great!
Tees and Coffee

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 04:11:03 PM »
WOW!  Congrats!  I went to the doctor in december and I was at my heaviest ever, with chest pains, and stroke level blood pressure.  I was at 252 pounds.  I have been on the low carb diet since Jan 1, and I am down 40 lbs!  I plan to drop about 10 or 15 more.  I am at the gym 6-7 days a week also.   I feel so much better and I can no longer fit all my fat clothes!  Same diet here, no pasta, no bread, no sugar, no potatoes!  I drink tons of water and eat tons of chicken wings and fish!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 06:39:53 PM »
Hey Stan
wondered where you were, glad to see you back.
An Itallian toast to you .....CentAnni Pisano...means may you live 100 years my friend.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 11:37:59 AM »
Yup. I'm glad to be back on this forum. I am significantly time poor and so I hope I can stick around.

Looks like I'm not the only one who is in pursuit of an....um....diminished excess fuel storage state, wink wink.

We are marketed to death (literally) by food and soft drink manufactures, restaurants, etc. (FrankenFood, more like.) And Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, is in EVERY THING, 'cause it tastes good! I'm still learning.

Tastes good = $$$$. 

Too much sugar got me in this jam, and all the rice, bread, pasta, potatoes, and on and on and on... are just....well.....more sugar--in the end. "The Poison is in the Dosage" And we are OD'ing as a culture, BIGtime.

In a word, Diabetes (type 2) is a disease of too much sugar. Current understanding, is that Diabetes is either directly causative or strongly correlated with Coronary Heart Disease, Stroke, Alzheimers, CANCER, (yes, cancer) and a host of other ailments.

Who knew!?!

Congrats to all you LOSERS!