Author Topic: Farmboy graphics  (Read 2804 times)

Offline T Shirt Farmer

Farmboy graphics
« on: April 25, 2018, 11:01:57 AM »
Those in the know know drink CrowCity.... I was privileged to receive some of Tom's (farmboygraphics) fresh roasted beans, awesome flavor profile full of intricate flavor. Go get you some whole beans and brew the perfect saturday morning cup of Joe.

Thanks Tom!!
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Farmboy graphics
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 11:11:13 AM »
the whole bean is where it's at. Ground some of his stuff yesterday actually....be sure to leave him a review on the google.... ;)
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 11:22:30 AM »
Whether Tom's magic beans or not, whole beans, ground just before brewing is the only way to go.
Heck, back when I was a poor tad, a friend showed me how even with store-bought canned ground coffee, a few seconds in her Osterizer released some more coffee goodness.
Of course, I have since graduated to a proper burr grinder
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 11:40:03 AM »
Whether Tom's magic beans or not, whole beans, ground just before brewing is the only way to go.
Heck, back when I was a poor tad, a friend showed me how even with store-bought canned ground coffee, a few seconds in her Osterizer released some more coffee goodness.
Of course, I have since graduated to a proper burr grinder

Yup. Me too.

Offline StephStew23

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 04:53:32 PM »
Coffee Snob here <~~~~ can you tell by the photo I used  :)
Whole Bean is the only way to go! Keurig is so disgusting and the worst flavor. I have a Breville at home that grinds the beans and then brews, as well as a Nespresso. Addiction.... yes you can say that.
Stephanie Stewart
One Stroke Inks
sstewart@osinks.com

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 04:59:23 PM »
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 01:23:26 PM »
 :D :D :D :D Good to hear! Glad you guy like. Gotta have a backup plan for when this shirt gig craps out
Tees and Coffee

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 06:58:38 PM »
I have known farmboy for about 10 years or more , he is a coffee aficionado but I think he needs to switch to decaff  ;D
mooseman

DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 07:27:43 PM »
Ok I need advice now.  I looked at the grinder and stuff, but a good equipment list of grinder, espresso machine, or single drip, whatever is the best would help me spend my money.  My go to now is instant Nescafe powder, poured, not measured into a 12 oz cup and add hot water from the bottled water. Ranges from Mud to tea.  We have a Keurig, can't stand it.  At home a horrible drip coffee maker that is just above luke warm when I pour it. Should have let my Barrista daughter buy me the fancy espresso machine, but at 200+ i couldn't see letting her spend that kind of money.  However the wife is loaded, and I have her card. So get me a list.
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 07:54:55 PM »
Who needs fancy gear?! If you really wanna get jacked, grind those beans coarse and brew it cowboy style. If you cant handle the grinds strain it through some of that ole 110 mesh in the back of the shop. Too bitter? Go hardcore and crush up some eggshells in there. Now you're really cookin!

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2018, 09:04:54 AM »
many years ago when I was a green horn draftsman  there was always a coffee pot brewing in the department.
most of the time it was strong and bitter. One of the ladies who worked there , Doris, showed me that if you take way less than a pinch of salt maybe  less than 20 grains and toss them into your coffee cup it really cuts the bitterness.
On a new brew (we had a couple of Mr Coffee pots going all the time) if you simply put a couple of easy shakes on the coffee pile before brewing it it also worked to cut the bitterness nicely.

Try it in your next cup just a few grains way less than you would think will work  ;)
mooseman
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 09:07:25 AM by mooseman »
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2018, 09:26:07 AM »
The key there is 20 grains.... my wife knew a bozo that would would taint every single pot coffee in an employee lounge on a daily basis. Too much and it is slimy and very, very bad. Needless to say that guy was highly unpopular. He relentlessly persisted in doing this for months until someone took him to the woodshed and made the food tampering accusation. I was surprised he didn't get beat up in the bathroom. 20 grains and not 21! LOL

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2018, 09:35:32 AM »
Ok I need advice now.  I looked at the grinder and stuff, but a good equipment list of grinder, espresso machine, or single drip, whatever is the best would help me spend my money.  My go to now is instant Nescafe powder, poured, not measured into a 12 oz cup and add hot water from the bottled water. Ranges from Mud to tea.  We have a Keurig, can't stand it.  At home a horrible drip coffee maker that is just above luke warm when I pour it. Should have let my Barrista daughter buy me the fancy espresso machine, but at 200+ i couldn't see letting her spend that kind of money.  However the wife is loaded, and I have her card. So get me a list.
A burr grinder, and a drip filter on each cup is all we use. My wife drinks decaf, so we rarely brew a full pot.
Here's a link to a few burr grinders (but it's a few years old)
btw, we use the Capresso grinder mentioned in the article. https://lifehacker.com/five-best-burr-coffee-grinders-1653494382

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2018, 09:38:00 AM »
Who needs fancy gear?! If you really wanna get jacked, grind those beans coarse and brew it cowboy style. If you cant handle the grinds strain it through some of that ole 110 mesh in the back of the shop. Too bitter? Go hardcore and crush up some eggshells in there. Now you're really cookin!

Used to have a buddy who organized an annual Kings Canyon camp out for our Airhead Beemer club. He filled a sock with ground coffee and tossed it in a pot of simmering water.

Offline spsi

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 02:25:05 PM »
Ok I need advice now.  I looked at the grinder and stuff, but a good equipment list of grinder, espresso machine, or single drip, whatever is the best would help me spend my money. 

Hey, a topic I can help on! I have a Baratza grinder that's probably discontinued at this point, but get a decent burr grinder like the ones linked above by Frog.  The Capresso and the Baratza are both good grinders, relatively inexpensive machines. If you're looking to make coffee in your office, get an AeroPress if you want it a bit stronger, or get a pour-over if you want regular drip coffee. I've never really noticed a difference between Hario, Chemex, and Melitta. Finally, a good goose-neck kettle.

For auto-drip, Technivorm is the known entity, but there are a few others that have popped up by Behmor and Bonavita. Get the glass carafe and pour it into a good thermos (Stanley, Nissan) - the thermoses that you get with the brewers are a pain to clean and don't even work that well; but you don't want to cook the coffee on the hot plate the glass brewers have.

If you want an espresso machine, get a Gaggia at the very least. I have an Expobar Pulser which is awesome, but was also $1200 when I got it.  Look for a 58mm unpressurized portafilter - there are exceptions but that's generally the rule. You're also going to need to get a really good grinder (Rancilio, Mazzer) and use fresh roasted coffee. Technique makes a lot of difference when you're making espresso so in general I'd say save your espresso for a good coffee shop.
spsi.com