Author Topic: Rutland Premier White  (Read 1363 times)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Rutland Premier White
« on: April 25, 2018, 07:04:06 PM »
Is anybody here using this?
My supplier is now carrying this, and I really want a new ink over the QCM Creamy Glacier white they offer.

Just curious if and how people like it?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: Rutland Premier White
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 08:09:00 PM »
Opaque

Clears the screen pretty well

Lots of tack after flash.  Longer flash than the Glacier whites (what my memory tells me on that anyway).  I sent back the last 5 gallon I picked up.

Get a sample quart!  Your mileage may vary.

Yea, I am a picky son of a b*tch.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 08:30:35 PM »
Love it, we didn't have any tack?
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 09:08:18 PM »
Rubber top pallets or honeycomb?  S mesh?

We have gone through a couple single gallons and 2 - 5 gallons buckets.  Even through a 225s mesh, our 100% areas would be a bit tacky (having a tik-tak sound as the squeegee travels over the surface) on the back of subsequent screens.  We also try and run as cool as possible.  If we ran super hot, it mostly went away but presents its own issues.

Also possible that the shipments my distributor got were formulated a touch different.  Wouldn't be the first time in the last 5+ years that Rutland was not consistent.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 08:37:03 PM »
Alum pallets, hot pallets, no tack issues. Regular mesh. Ordered a pallet of it last winter, went through it all. No  issues.

Quartz flashes
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 12:10:03 PM »
I just wanted to bump this thread, and let everyone know my experience with this ink.

It is a super smooth white LB ink.  It feels like it has been mixed up for hours, for how smooth out of the bucket it is.

It clears in 1 stroke on my 150 S mesh, and leaves no filibration ( Ive had that issue with every other white ink ive used).  Great mat down and a great hand.

We are running a 5 color job with 2 white screens, and the tack after flash, I see no difference in what ive always used.  Its a quick flash on my flashback.

Optically, I would rate it a 8/10 for brightness.  It could be some of my pressure settings, and I might need to dial my squeegee in a little more.

All in all, it is a far superior white than anything Ive used.

If you are looking for a new white to try, I suggest giving this one a shot.

*This is not a paid ad.