Author Topic: Blue Devil Camaro  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Boldline

Blue Devil Camaro
« on: April 26, 2018, 05:03:41 PM »
Had the opportunity to design race shirts highlighting OTG Racing's custom 68 Camaro, aka the "blue devil". The client requested a different looking shirt from the standard 3/4 view so we decided to go with a front view. Initially, the blue devil was going to be just a face behind the car, but the front view of the car gave us room to create a more imposing look.
The blue devil was going to simply have a clenched fist, but we added in the pitchfork later. I found an action figure with a pitchfork in the toy section of the local Walmart and referred to it to get the custom angle in the design.
I started out with the initial sketch in Procreate on the ipad, then fleshed out the character, inked it and then configured the pitchfork. I added color and arranged the placement.
I received the strikeout proof pic of the "blue devil" modified Camaro design I created a little while back. Scott (Myseps) handled the separations and Aaron (Atownsend) did the print work.
Mat Woodworth
Bold Line Design
www.boldlinedesign.com
twitter: @boldlinedesign
facebook: www.facebook.com/boldlinedesignllc

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
Re: Blue Devil Camaro
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 06:37:15 PM »
This was a fun one for us! Came on a super busy week where we were totally smashed and the customer needed them quick for a race.
Base / flash / CG 8 / blue / blue / top w / flash / black. If we reprint later ill just the black / grey screens so we hold more of the greys. The black screen overpowered the grey tones a bit and we didn't have much time to fiddle with it. Customer was happy so we were happy! Scott did a great job with the sep, but our linearization could use some attention. 55LPI 150/48, 230/40's with rutland street fighter LB and M3's for the top colors. On G8000's, but I would have preferred some nice cotton!

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 06:38:59 PM »
Also interesting to get the back story from Matt on how the art was created. I don't have an artistic bone in my body, so the whole action figure thing for inspiration is fascinating! Cool process!!!

Offline easyrider1340

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 09:11:03 AM »
That is kickass!  Nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk