Author Topic: CTS Head Failure - How to tell?  (Read 6153 times)

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: CTS Head Failure - How to tell?
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2018, 06:43:18 PM »
You know a guy?  Should we set up the digital walls so the FBI wont listen in?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2018, 06:46:06 PM »
You know a guy?  Should we set up the digital walls so the FBI wont listen in?
"No Comment!" and any further questions should be addresses to Bruno.

pierre  :-X
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2018, 06:52:16 PM »
I know 2 - Bruno at the Shady Motel or Bruno at the Dance Club?  ;D
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2018, 06:53:24 PM »
send me your address and I'll talk to Bruno for ya. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2018, 07:03:47 PM »
send me your address and I'll talk to Bruno for ya. . .

pierre

Thanks Pierre!

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2018, 06:08:45 AM »
For me this post has been very interesting, I would love to get a DTS.    My problem is that I am based in Israel, closest M&R tech might be in Europe, wax in UK or USA.
Reading about all the problems made me realize that I have to wait until these units are more stable.
I think the wax units are more reliable but at $50,000 I cannot afford one.
This week Marshall Atkinson had a podcast with Andy Anderson and he said he still uses a Epson and film, if he can use film, so can I.     Pity I don't get his results.
So thanks for all the  info, I'll keep reading until the problems are solved.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2018, 12:24:38 PM »
I just do not understand why M&R cannot get this sorted out in a timely manner for you Colin. I know some say these are super high tech rocket science machines which may have been true in 2010 but in 2018 this is old technology. I came in this morning to find this error message on my wax machine which was a first time event, I texted my contact the Team Viewer login, went to Starbucks and the donut shop, came back and it was fixed ready to roll. You should have a similar experience with your machine anything less is unacceptable.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Online brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2018, 10:00:21 PM »
So just wanted to recap this post we are back up and running. We were only down for 3 days and jammed out a lot of film in those days haha. I remember someone on here a few months back posting they were ditching their film output since they just got a new CTS unit and lots agreed. Just my opinion and now experience we would have been out a ton of money if we didn't have that film back up those three days.

So anyway, new head is in and now running the T6 ink. So far all is fine as it should be. It's a new head. Cleanings do seem to be easier but again it is a new head. According to the new ink cleanings / nozzle checks should be easier and less frequent but we will still do our rigid cleaning / nozzle check pattern. I would rather overdue it and not loose a head and use film again for three days. Ugh.

And for environment variables here goes. Our screen room is right beside our CTS room. Separate rooms by one door. Screen room is at 80 degrees at 32 - 36 percent humidity. The CTS room is at around 45 - 50 percent humidity with a temp at 75 -78 degrees. So far all is well. We were told to not have the CTS unit at a temp over 80 degrees. If so you will loose your head over time at a faster rate. Any questions and I will be happy to respond to the best of my knowledge.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2018, 08:00:00 AM »
So just wanted to recap this post we are back up and running. We were only down for 3 days and jammed out a lot of film in those days haha. I remember someone on here a few months back posting they were ditching their film output since they just got a new CTS unit and lots agreed. Just my opinion and now experience we would have been out a ton of money if we didn't have that film back up those three days.

So anyway, new head is in and now running the T6 ink. So far all is fine as it should be. It's a new head. Cleanings do seem to be easier but again it is a new head. According to the new ink cleanings / nozzle checks should be easier and less frequent but we will still do our rigid cleaning / nozzle check pattern. I would rather overdue it and not loose a head and use film again for three days. Ugh.

And for environment variables here goes. Our screen room is right beside our CTS room. Separate rooms by one door. Screen room is at 80 degrees at 32 - 36 percent humidity. The CTS room is at around 45 - 50 percent humidity with a temp at 75 -78 degrees. So far all is well. We were told to not have the CTS unit at a temp over 80 degrees. If so you will loose your head over time at a faster rate. Any questions and I will be happy to respond to the best of my knowledge.

My CTS is in my warehouse and it hits 100-110 in there in the summer. In the winter it gets down to maybe 40 degrees in there. It does not have its own room.

We installed this machine in 2014 I think? We are still on the original print head. Every time I mention this I expect the current head will die in the next 5 minutes but we are still trucking along.....knock on wood.

We do not have a back up film printer at all.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Online brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2018, 08:06:46 AM »
That's amazing and bananas at the same time. What would you do though when it does die? Can your clients wait two or maybe three days? That would kill us

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2018, 08:27:05 AM »
That's amazing and bananas at the same time. What would you do though when it does die? Can your clients wait two or maybe three days? That would kill us

If my CTS head died, I would simply overnight a new head. We'd lose some time. Rarely would that be a major major issue, but ya we at times have deadlines that can't move and that is alway sketchy. I have even considered buying a head just to have.

I have to trust in M&R.

Online brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2018, 08:56:02 AM »
I did overnight the head. Sometimes techs are just backed up so that is a scenario that can happen. I just don't trust myself enough yet with digital but next head replacement I think I will do. But wow, that's awesome your head is still kicking. What ink - K? All the stories of heads lasting must be before the Gen4 heads.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2018, 09:15:33 AM »
I did overnight the head. Sometimes techs are just backed up so that is a scenario that can happen. I just don't trust myself enough yet with digital but next head replacement I think I will do. But wow, that's awesome your head is still kicking. What ink - K? All the stories of heads lasting must be before the Gen4 heads.

Mine are the Gen 4 Heads I believe. But I could be wrong. We are using the original ink still.

Online brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2018, 09:27:29 AM »

Mine are the Gen 4 Heads I believe. But I could be wrong. We are using the original ink still.

Wow that's awesome. There needs to be a thumbs up button on here!!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2018, 06:03:30 PM »

Brandon,

How has the T6 been for you since this post?  Winter came and I've experienced a change in results with the T6 and wanted to update people.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850