Author Topic: Synergy base, and/or Magic?  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Mr Tees!!

Synergy base, and/or Magic?
« on: April 30, 2018, 01:14:57 PM »
....this hasnt been touched on in awhile. Anyone using these products long-term? Im looking for two things:

A) Anything that will make a RFU ink better in a wet-on-wet situation, and reduce buildup (is this what Synergy magic is for?),

B) A good base to use with the Wilflex Epic PC system. Looking for better wet-on-wet printing, less transfer to the next screen, and less transparency after being stepped on (especially on a solid white base).

...anyone have any experience with this stuff?
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
Re: Synergy base, and/or Magic?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 01:55:53 PM »
We use Magic.  Great product.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 02:25:36 PM »
We use Magic.  Great product.

Thanks! Can you tell me what "symptoms" you use it to help with, or what problems it solves? What percentages etc?
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 03:16:50 PM »
We use it to improve WOW properties, especially those extra sticky colors. It’s our understanding that Joe says any percentage. We have never weighed it when adding.  Never had any issues.  We always keep it stocked.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 04:31:03 PM »
Magic helps us with the sticky colors as well. Also the mottling / buildup that you sometimes see with solid areas of royal blue. We usually mix 10-20% by weight. Much more than 20% and we've seen opacity drop with our rutland M3's, although opacity with some M3 colors is pretty weak to start with. Magic = goos stuff. We don't use a PC system so I'm not sure about the base.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 05:13:56 PM »
MAGIC Don't leave the shop without it! (now read it again!)

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Biverson

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 09:00:15 PM »
I've got the Synergy base, magic and run the poly white. I use it with the PC system too. I haven't mixed a ton yet as I'm still going through my spot colors from Union. Mostly Maxopake. I've mixed up to 20% on maxos and had no problem wet on wet through 230's (standard, not thin thread mesh). I now generally put it in any ink that isn't Synergy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 02:27:50 PM »
We're Epic PC and our inks are mixed with Amazing Base.   Excellent results wow.

NO additives in plastisol here, especially for wow printing. 

We do keep some Epic Finesse on hand however and only for the very transparent mixes we need, to keep the ink balanced at such a low PC level.  You could also use plasticizer for this but the Finesse is about perfect for the application.

Joe is amazing and we did try his ink a couple years back but it wasn't compatible with the PC system, the body and characteristics of the base got messed up by, presumably, the white pc.  Joe did a bang on job of troubleshooting it of course but in the end the synergy inks weren't for us due to our pigment system.  Some amazing characteristics there however.