Author Topic: Exposure Unit Line Voltage Transformer?  (Read 887 times)

Offline 1964GN

Exposure Unit Line Voltage Transformer?
« on: May 01, 2018, 11:37:57 AM »
So, we are in the processes of moving to a new facility. We have a Richmond SM-3000 exposure unit. The power requirements are 208 volt, single phase. We are at 240 at the new shop and need a line voltage transformer in order to get it as close to 208 VAC as possible. This what the manual says anyway. It says if the voltage is at 220 or higher that it will result in premature bulb failure.

So, with Richmond being gone we were hoping someone here may have a source for a transformer that will work with this unit.

Any thoughts?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Exposure Unit Line Voltage Transformer?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 01:14:29 PM »
So, we are in the processes of moving to a new facility. We have a Richmond SM-3000 exposure unit. The power requirements are 208 volt, single phase. We are at 240 at the new shop and need a line voltage transformer in order to get it as close to 208 VAC as possible. This what the manual says anyway. It says if the voltage is at 220 or higher that it will result in premature bulb failure.

So, with Richmond being gone we were hoping someone here may have a source for a transformer that will work with this unit.

Any thoughts?

It's called a Step down transformer as I know it, fairly common. We moved recently and had some issues too, a couple of the guys were very helpful and knowledgeable, but I can't remember who (so embarrassed) but I'm sure they'll chime in.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Alex M

• !!!
Re: Exposure Unit Line Voltage Transformer?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 01:36:33 PM »
Open up the case on the exposure unit, I bet there is a transformer in it with taps. Should be able to switch input voltage with one wire move.
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com