Author Topic: Switching from transfers to "real" screen printing = better quality?!  (Read 760 times)

Offline NBG

Hi,

i'm not satisfied with my transfers (crackling etc.) and i would like to switch to "real" screen printing.

So i want to put the plastisol directly to the garment *without* glue.

Can anybody confirm that this way has much better quality than heat pressing transfers?!

Regarding to the crackling: This can happen with comming screen print too depending on the dry/temp method or?

Thanks!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
What type of transfers have you been using?
Properly made screen printed transfers properly applied should not display any more issues than direct printed images. They are, however, either more expensive or more labor intensive, but have the advantage of being able to "apply as needed".
How about some more details about your issues? Are these opaque transfers? When do they crack? Can you post a pic?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
the short answer is yes, but we use a fair amount of transfers when the need is there. Each product has it's own issues to deal with. And as Frog said, good transfers properly applied should to well, not quickly crack. The only time we use "glue" is when we're making hat transfers, it's not necessary for direct printing.

steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't