Author Topic: Olec AL-53 Split from Service Manual Post  (Read 655 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Olec AL-53 Split from Service Manual Post
« on: May 02, 2018, 10:22:35 PM »
Perfect timing. Just finished moving my unit and it is literally taking twice as long to burn now (same amount of light units, just twice as much time to get there...weird issue.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Olec AL-53 Split from Service Manual Post
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 10:38:55 AM »
If I recall they have a 208/240 selector switch, I think you have to open the case on some models though.
Should be a led that indicates incoming voltage.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 11:01:15 AM »
We are supposed to be on 240 here, same as our other location. I need to have an electrician come out anyway, so I'll see if they can take a look. Apparently the integrator was dropped during the move and after opening it up some of the solder had broken on one of the chips, I was able to just push it back through the board and it is working, but still slow. I'm wondering if maybe the integrator is somehow set for medium intensity even though the light says high.

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 04:44:18 PM »
If the photosensor got moved to a different position, it could be reading less light than before.

Does the light itself appear to be weaker? If you have a multimeter on hand? I'd check the incoming voltage first, then. Make sure the selector switch is set properly. Then if output is still low, check voltage across the capacitors according to the service manual. Make sure that you have the proper voltage for the bulb you are using. The Photopolymer bulb has a different voltage requirement than the dual cure. If your voltages are good, maybe your integrator just needs to be recalibrated. But since you moved, i'd check voltage first.

Offline markdhl

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 06:12:26 AM »
All very good advice.  We can use the rocker switches to test in timer mode and by pass the integrator BUT tap switch is first spot to start.

Also, we can use the rocker switches and move from low, to medium, to high and be sure we see the difference.

What bulb are you using and is capacitor switch in the right position?

Call direct for more help ... we have the experince to help.

Mark Diehl
Douthitt Corporation
313 515 8635