Author Topic: Scale for weighing ink  (Read 2259 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Scale for weighing ink
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 08:08:47 PM »
Doesn't it recalculate if you go over on a component?

I really need to get this hooked up. Our best mixing gal is our worst maths gal.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 08:20:29 PM »
Doesn't it recalculate if you go over on a component?

I really need to get this hooked up. Our best mixing gal is our worst maths gal.

That's how those pint mixes end up two gallons!
I visualize the Three Stooges working as barbers trying to even up a mustache or haircut, "recalculating" with scissors!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 08:24:55 PM »
That's how those pint mixes end up two gallons!
I visualize the Three Stooges working as barbers trying to even up a mustache or haircut, "recalculating" with scissors!

Haha. At least you can always add, but can only take away so much.

When I first started I had many a gallon of gawd-dammit-brown. Because browns were always the hardest to match.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 11:16:49 AM »
Yes it'll recalculate if you over add a component.  Recycle function too but that's not used too much here.

Pretty sure we still have a bucket of Pantone Baby Poop C on the shelf somewhere. 

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 11:19:23 AM »
but that only works if you put more of the first color in, say the mixing white.  Because if you put more of the 3rd color in, then it would calculate to add more of the 1st and 2nd? 

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2018, 11:20:17 AM »
but that only works if you put more of the first color in, say the mixing white.  Because if you put more of the 3rd color in, then it would calculate to add more of the 1st and 2nd?

That's correct.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2018, 12:52:54 PM »
Yes it'll recalculate if you over add a component.  Recycle function too but that's not used too much here.

Pretty sure we still have a bucket of Pantone Baby Poop C on the shelf somewhere.

You must have our Baby Poop C! We had about 5 gallons of it few years back. I kept saving it thinking we'll need it. Finally got rid of it and did not even realize it wa gone until reading this post. Must be 5 years now!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!