Author Topic: Any help on this font would be appreciated  (Read 1317 times)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Any help on this font would be appreciated
« on: May 08, 2018, 03:55:48 PM »
Just need to find this font or something similar.

Thanks!

Offline aauusa

Re: Any help on this font would be appreciated
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 04:23:03 PM »
CARNIVALEE FREAKSHOW

https://www.dafont.com/carnivalee-freakshow.font?text=IND&psize=l

cant say it enough get the find my font program  $50   and it is well worth it in saving time waiting for me to answer  :)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 04:42:10 PM »
Thank you So much! Ill be ordering that!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 07:09:52 PM »

It's free, just click Download...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 07:50:35 PM »

Steve

30 day trial is free
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Audifox

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 01:17:27 PM »
The best $50 you'll ever spend. I'm glad we did. Saves a lot of time.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 12:03:19 PM »

Steve

30 day trial is free

I missed that, and went back to check it out. If you click on "comment" just above the download button, near the bottom is a couple of comments by the font's author. I didn't copy the whole thing, but here's the most important part...

"...Anyway, the reason i am writing this, is because i wanted to let everybody know that they are more than welcome to use these fonts commercially as they please, though i still won't mind getting my name credited for it if relevant, like books, films, or album covers, or whatever. Some people have commented that the zip files containing the font also contains a text, notifying that commercial usage of the fonts without permisson is not allowed - though i cannot completely recollect my exact written words, but this is of course to be ignored. I have absolutely no interest in making any kind of money on this. I just find pleasure in seeing my fonts being used every now and then.

So, I think it is indeed free, nice guy!

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 12:49:15 PM »

Steve

30 day trial is free

I missed that, and went back to check it out. If you click on "comment" just above the download button, near the bottom is a couple of comments by the font's author. I didn't copy the whole thing, but here's the most important part...

"...Anyway, the reason i am writing this, is because i wanted to let everybody know that they are more than welcome to use these fonts commercially as they please, though i still won't mind getting my name credited for it if relevant, like books, films, or album covers, or whatever. Some people have commented that the zip files containing the font also contains a text, notifying that commercial usage of the fonts without permisson is not allowed - though i cannot completely recollect my exact written words, but this is of course to be ignored. I have absolutely no interest in making any kind of money on this. I just find pleasure in seeing my fonts being used every now and then.

So, I think it is indeed free, nice guy!

Steve
Steve,
I think the 30 day trial they are talking about is for the Find My Font software! It really works great and is one of the best bang for the buck in our shop. I've been doing prepress artwork last two weeks (both artists are out for a while) and haave been using it twice a day. Art coming from the customers regularly contains unexpanded fonts and instead of going back and forth I find th efonts with the software in less than 30 seconds. It even gives you a link to where you can download what it finds. 5 stars from me!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 08:30:56 PM »
I second Find My Font. Well worth the $50.  We use it almost daily.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 08:54:57 PM »
i bought it for 2 computers here.  Worth every penny.  I'd pay double for it without blinking.