Author Topic: Most reliable shop mgmt program?  (Read 20145 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Most reliable shop mgmt program?
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2018, 04:57:12 PM »
TeeCal, is this a true web based app or do you mean that hosting of the windows based app is now cloud?

Those printavo updates ate up a chunk of my morning scrambling to make a work around for broken core features.  Our sales reps were not getting emails when clients were approving the orders.  They said it'll be fixed today.   Whatever happened to sandboxing an update (or whatever you might call responsible app development) before just letting it run wild?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2018, 05:21:36 PM »
Printavo just pushed a bunch of new updates that actually make it way more functional between you and the customer.

Stokkup also has a bunch of cool things coming!
at $750/month for stokkup, I can't see it being anything we would consider.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2018, 05:23:53 PM »
TeeCal, is this a true web based app or do you mean that hosting of the windows based app is now cloud?

Those printavo updates ate up a chunk of my morning scrambling to make a work around for broken core features.  Our sales reps were not getting emails when clients were approving the orders.  They said it'll be fixed today.   Whatever happened to sandboxing an update (or whatever you might call responsible app development) before just letting it run wild?

data is on the web, the apps still run on your desktop. It eliminates the need for a dedicated server in house and moves to a enterprise grad database. We've not had issues for a while now, but this should make it even more stable. My understanding is they will be backing up too.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2018, 06:19:04 PM »
Printavo just pushed a bunch of new updates that actually make it way more functional between you and the customer.

Stokkup also has a bunch of cool things coming!

I'm a fan of the updates. The program itself seems to keep getting better the more I use it.

One thing that has been a reoccurring issue though is that when I send out a payment request to a client, they don't always send or the client doesn't always get the email. Anyone else experience this? My work around is I usually send it twice from the get go and usually don't have an issue. I'm wondering if it's more of an oversight on the clients part but this has happened more then a few times so I'm not sure.

Offline printavo

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2018, 12:07:25 PM »
Heyo! It's surprising how tough sending mass amounts of email to the people's inboxes is. We've found .edu and .gov the toughest because of their spam filters. If your customer is in those buckets, I would be cautious and follow up with them. We're still researching though and will fix it.

"Those printavo updates ate up a chunk of my morning scrambling to make a work around for broken core features" - We took 2 steps forward with approvals and 1 step back with automation, taking 3 more steps forward with automation now. Update coming in 1-2 days @ZooCity!

As for web/desktop, in my opinion, anything that runs on your computer is a risk. You don't get the flexibility just logging into a system on the web gives you. Pull up an iPad at home to go over things? Mount big screens around the production floor? Tablets on press to take pictures of a finished shirt for future reference? Sales reps on the go?

-Bruce
https://www.printavo.com - Printavo, simple shop management software.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2018, 12:59:30 PM »
Heyo! It's surprising how tough sending mass amounts of email to the people's inboxes is. We've found .edu and .gov the toughest because of their spam filters. If your customer is in those buckets, I would be cautious and follow up with them. We're still researching though and will fix it.

"Those printavo updates ate up a chunk of my morning scrambling to make a work around for broken core features" - We took 2 steps forward with approvals and 1 step back with automation, taking 3 more steps forward with automation now. Update coming in 1-2 days @ZooCity!

As for web/desktop, in my opinion, anything that runs on your computer is a risk. You don't get the flexibility just logging into a system on the web gives you. Pull up an iPad at home to go over things? Mount big screens around the production floor? Tablets on press to take pictures of a finished shirt for future reference? Sales reps on the go?

-Bruce

Hey Bruce, Good to know thank you for following up on here. I have one client that is still using a hotmail address and she's usually the one that has the most trouble getting them. Thankfully most people who I deal with are on gmail and there is little to no error there. I'll probably followup with them on a regular email just to be safe.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2018, 01:35:26 PM »

Yep, so annoying. Surprise!

Worst part is that orders don’t have any approval button by default anymore. You have to add it manually every time and it’s a couple clicks away on a separate page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline printavo

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2018, 02:11:11 PM »

Yep, so annoying. Surprise!

Worst part is that orders don’t have any approval button by default anymore. You have to add it manually every time and it’s a couple clicks away on a separate page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Changing this tomorrow! :) The update is going to be awesome and make approvals more automated. Will email everyone when it's live.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2018, 04:03:38 PM »
Very glad to hear that Bruce, the extra button clicking and the whole fiasco yesterday morning got a big thumbs down from my entire staff.  Appreciate the attention to it as always but test this stuff next time before launching please!

Offline printavo

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2018, 06:56:38 PM »
Very glad to hear that Bruce, the extra button clicking and the whole fiasco yesterday morning got a big thumbs down from my entire staff.  Appreciate the attention to it as always but test this stuff next time before launching please!

Boom! It's live! More info - https://www.printavo.com/blog/announcing-approvals-automation-in-printavo HUGE step forward, really excited about this to fully automate your approvals now.