Author Topic: conversion help please  (Read 1872 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
conversion help please
« on: May 16, 2018, 05:41:28 PM »
My resources are limited to x14 and these new fangled PDF files don't work in my old school programs. Can someone convert the attached PDF to Corel 12 or 14 for me please?
I have tried several file converters on line they all return a scrambled image.
Thank you
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: conversion help please
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 05:59:10 PM »
Mike,

I've attached a copy as Ver 12 but there is a text issue

Looked for a funky font that I don't have.  The Font message that came up is in the Font Msg File.  Looks like an outline that you can probably handle.

File type is .cdr in a zip file to upload here.  If you need something different, let me know.

Check it out
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 06:11:34 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 08:26:52 PM »
My resources are limited to x14 and these new fangled PDF files don't work in my old school programs. Can someone convert the attached PDF to Corel 12 or 14 for me please?
I have tried several file converters on line they all return a scrambled image.
Thank you
mooseman

Try this. I just imported it in x17 as curves.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3jstmeb5xtl6o0/patch%20f.cdr?dl=0
Shane

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 08:36:42 PM »
I did the same thing (curves).  You must have that font that just put that separate black outline around the Cayuga.

Think I accomplished the same thing by dropping that separate outline and added a .50 Stroke to Cayuga, lol.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 08:50:52 PM »
Trebuchet MS. was font.
Shane

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 09:15:40 PM »
Trebuchet MS. was font.
Shane

hmmm, I do have that one installed but still got that message.  Oh well.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 09:55:16 PM »
Trebuchet MS. was font.
Shane

hmmm, I do have that one installed but still got that message.  Oh well.

Often even if you have the font, it may have come from another publisher, or has a tiny difference that apparently Reader won't accept and gives the message. Of course, you have the option of still selecting the one installed on your computer as either the permanent or temporary substitute.
I'll often do a screen shot of the art in Reader, import it, and then compare it to the version using my substitute just as a double check.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 10:56:47 PM »
I let it do the suggested replacement with Ariel.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 09:45:29 AM »
hey guys thanks for the help. The file was created by some art student who now is a graphic artist as the diploma was handed out this week.
Unfortunately i can't do a thing with it custy will just have to suck it up and wait for the student to sober up.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 10:38:18 AM »
got a clean file thanks to FarmBoy attached as appreciation fpor your looking in.
mooseman

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 12:19:17 PM »
8 colors?  Or halftones for the Greys?

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 01:25:24 PM »
actually we are not printing this at all. It is an art file for some graphics / banners etc for one of my good  customers and all they wanted me to do was remove a couple of elements of the design before they sent it to production. the original artist was out of contact and customer was on a tight schedule they simply asked if I cauld pinch hit.
mooseman

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 04:34:59 PM »
Ah, cuz that would be a b*tch to print with all pantone colors, lol.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 11:43:21 AM »
Any time I get a request for Pantone color work I don't even bother quoting the job I am just not that interested any more in becoming the screen printer some want me to be. I am really just happy to run to the end of my chain and bark 8)
Mooseman

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2018, 12:34:13 PM »
Any time I get a request for Pantone color work I don't even bother quoting the job I am just not that interested any more in becoming the screen printer some want me to be. I am really just happy to run to the end of my chain and bark 8)
Mooseman

Pantones are just spot colors. Usually a lot easier to do accurately than with the various process processes, assuming that one has enough heads for the particular job.
Mixing systems just about make it a no-brainer on most colors. And, with the Union system I use, there are even formulas for the stock colors which has gotten me out of a scrape more than once.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?