Author Topic: conversion help please  (Read 1930 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: conversion help please
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 01:57:30 PM »
Hey Frog,
yes i agree but usually i find at least in my corner of the world when i get a customer referencing pantone, that is just the tip of the iceberg and there is a lot more to be discovered below the surface.

At this point in my multi hundred dollar business empire customers get a chance to pick their colors from my stock of ink available at the time of thier inquiry. i will tweak a color a little bit but very little but when they try to determine the variables between the ink i have and the PMS they remember from their computer I suggest they consult with a shop offering a broader spectrum of abilities.
https://media.giphy.com/media/A5qaYXFGgGWg8/giphy.gif
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: conversion help please
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2018, 02:06:23 PM »
Hey Frog,
yes i agree but usually i find at least in my corner of the world when i get a customer referencing pantone, that is just the tip of the iceberg and there is a lot more to be discovered below the surface.

At this point in my multi hundred dollar business empire customers get a chance to pick their colors from my stock of ink available at the time of thier inquiry. i will tweak a color a little bit but very little but when they try to determine the variables between the ink i have and the PMS they remember from their computer I suggest they consult with a shop offering a broader spectrum of abilities.
https://media.giphy.com/media/A5qaYXFGgGWg8/giphy.gif
mooseman

Hopefully, you then have available color charts that their designers can use as reference. Many places offer this as well as the ability to mix and match.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?