Author Topic: Buying a machine at auction  (Read 1410 times)

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
Buying a machine at auction
« on: May 17, 2018, 11:45:47 AM »
Late to the party on the current auction that's taking place, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever purchased a machine at auctuon and what sort of thing would you have to get lined up ahead of time?

Do you hire a company to tear down and set up.  Do you just do what you can to get it to the shop and call m&r and pay them ?

I'm about to drop 60k on a new sportsman and those challenger 2 are looking very nice if they go for cheap.

Jon

Offline Jepaul

• www.youngonecorporation.com
Re: Buying a machine at auction
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 12:13:05 PM »
Late to the party on the current auction that's taking place, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever purchased a machine at auctuon and what sort of thing would you have to get lined up ahead of time?

Do you hire a company to tear down and set up.  Do you just do what you can to get it to the shop and call m&r and pay them ?

I'm about to drop 60k on a new sportsman and those challenger 2 are looking very nice if they go for cheap.

Jon

It isn’t too late on that auction.  If you buy something I can set you up with any number of independent techs that can disassemble and crate for you. 

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 12:49:52 PM »
Nice, thank you Jepaul....I figured I needed to have all my ducks in a row beforehand.  I'll definitely let you know if I get any of them.

Jon

Offline Jepaul

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 01:14:45 PM »
Nice, thank you Jepaul....I figured I needed to have all my ducks in a row beforehand.  I'll definitely let you know if I get any of them.

Jon

Everything will have a 1 week window to pick up.  Through next Friday.   Ballpark $2k for a good breakdown and crating. Plus freight to you.  And don’t forget about the 18% buyer premium.

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 01:22:27 PM »

Jon

Everything will have a 1 week window to pick up.  Through next Friday.   Ballpark $2k for a good breakdown and crating. Plus freight to you.  And don’t forget about the 18% buyer premium.

For sure.

Offline Jepaul

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 02:33:02 PM »

Jon

For sure.

Rollers frames and pallets going for steals!  Great deals on those so far.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 02:50:48 PM »
link?

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 03:14:35 PM »
Diamond backs went for much more than I ever imagined they'd go for. 

Challengers look like they'll go for a very decent price....a little to much for me to just take a chance on though without seeing them in person.

Offline repogolfer

• !!!

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 05:38:09 PM »
I bought my CHIIID at auction, best purchase I've ever made.

Worth it to fly down, crate it up and get it home.

If I had more space I would have picked up a CHII or two at this auction

Offline merchmonster

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 10:47:48 PM »
One of the c2 went for $20k !!
Merch Monster Screen Printing Embroidery and DTG Direct To Garment Printing
Servicing Oakland CA and the Greater San Francisco Bay Area
http://www.merchmonster.net

Offline Jepaul

Buying a machine at auction
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 11:39:12 PM »
One of the c2 went for $20k !!

It was an early 2000 model but in full working order.  Seeing auctions like this is a testament to the longevity of M&R equipment and the resale value.  I’ve never argued those two points regarding blue. Honestly I would lead with that pitch with M&R.   You can buy a new M&R for 100k, fully depreciate it, and 5-7 years later sell it for 60-70k.  Then take the 60-70k and buy a new one.  It’s almost a built in downside protection from equipment obsolescence and maintenance issues. If you have the cash you can basically rent an M&R  for 5-6k a year.  That is unheard of!  Even if you borrowed the money that only adds another $2k a year to your “rent”.   I’m not even calculating the near term tax pick up on the depreciation depending on the possible realized gain at the sell, or not.

I’m not saying you couldn’t get good value for other machines, I believe you can, but there isn’t the data to back that up like there is with M&R.

Honestly, if M&R focused on selling like this and the things their equipment does well instead of reacting to how other companies sell  their product and what is wrong with the competitions equipment  they would do themselves a favor.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:44:11 PM by Jepaul »

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2018, 09:10:04 PM »
You can take it apart yourself, its real easy. Then just pay a tech to re-install it.
I spend too much money on equipment...