Author Topic: Any clue on how to run this one?  (Read 933 times)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Any clue on how to run this one?
« on: May 17, 2018, 06:18:34 PM »
It would be going on multiple colored neon shirts, and I count 13 spot colors not including the base.

Could this be ran a different way Im not thinking?

I may need to have this printed at a larger shop if anyone might be interested...

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: Any clue on how to run this one?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 06:25:53 PM »
That neon blue shade in the background cant be reproduced, so use the other light blue in its place.

Do you have pantone colors for the rest?

I see a lot of halftone blending - in wide open spot colors - if you want to print that way, looks like you can knock it down by about 4 colors.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 06:33:01 PM »
They did not spec it out any way for us, they just sent us the file and asked, can you do this?.  But I am willing to send this out for seps if I can do this in 6 total colors...

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »
When you see art that has shading like this (a darker shade of the lighter colors to signify shadows, the crust and pepperoni)
you can usually make those lighter/darker colors by printing on/off a base. This will depend on garment color though.
You can also print one of the darker colors under the shaded areas to act as a "darkening" base wow.
Basically there is a lot of ways to make the secondary colors happen. And there's a good number of secondary colors.

I'd offer to help but we're slammed. Retail I don't think we'd take this at less than 250 pieces or so.
Neon garments can be a nightmare to begin with, add in the number of flashes, probably a double base
for the neon inks, different grounds, etc, and you've got a no fun job in the make.

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 07:30:31 PM »
DTG ;)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 09:42:37 PM »
DTG ;)

Good luck with those neon colors. ;)