Author Topic: Printing on lined rain jakckets  (Read 759 times)

Offline lancasterprinthouse

Printing on lined rain jakckets
« on: May 17, 2018, 08:24:37 PM »
I have a roofing customer that wants to print up a couple hundred of the jackets in the below link. I've read some threads on this before about using alcohol to get rid of the rain repellent but my customer would not be happy if they were getting wet because the print areas are leaking through. Whats the real issue with printing on jackets like this? Adhesion? If so, what other options are there to get these decorated. I really dont want to use vinyl. Both time and cost would make the project not very cost-effective. Is there anything specific inks I can use and just print them straight up? I've printed plastisol out of the bucket on Independent EXP54LWZ with no issues before and they're rain resistant.

https://www.zoro.com/helly-hansen-rain-jacket-pvcpolyester-orange-l-70129290-l/i/G5181793/#specifications

Thanks!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Printing on lined rain jakckets
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 08:35:55 PM »
I've decorated waterproof poly jackets in the past without any special treatment, but, of course, your mileage may vary.
I see that these are lined. Do you have a jacket hold down?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline lancasterprinthouse

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 08:43:44 PM »
I've decorated waterproof poly jackets in the past without any special treatment, but, of course, your mileage may vary.
I see that these are lined. Do you have a jacket hold down?

I do have a jacket hold down. This may finally be the job that makes it worth its investment 3 years ago for 20 pieces. Since then.. 10 here, 5 there, 20 over there etc. Seems like at 40-60 bucks a pop nobody has the budget for a large quantity. I've still yet to figure out how to decorate the front of lined jackets when they have a button up front like these. The last time I had a small order for similar style I used a 6" sleeve pallet, laid the buttons off the edge, printed with no off contact and got through it. Not ideal but better than risking popping the mesh because of buttons.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 06:01:07 AM »
nazdar 9700. we did a run of these from Tingley. anything with heat was a no go for us.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 11:10:50 AM »
I've read some threads on this before about using alcohol to get rid of the rain repellent but my customer would not be happy if they were getting wet because the print areas are leaking through.

You can respray that area again with waterproof spray, that's what we do.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!