Author Topic: Moving CTS  (Read 832 times)

Offline trebor

Moving CTS
« on: May 17, 2018, 09:10:44 PM »
I have purchased a CTS on the secondary market. Now it is time to move it.
Albany, NY to Effingham, IL. I need help on getting it ready to move. M&R suggests paying someone roundtrip air and expenses in addition to a fee they would charge. The bad thing is....when I get it back to Illinois I will need M&R to come out set it up and train us on the new machine. Kind of a double whammy. Any alternative suggestions?

Offline merchmonster

Re: Moving CTS
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 10:41:17 PM »
I think you could break it down and move it yourself. I uncreated one and it basically comes pre assembled. Probably a few minor steps to lock the print head down that m/r can walk u thru
Merch Monster Screen Printing Embroidery and DTG Direct To Garment Printing
Servicing Oakland CA and the Greater San Francisco Bay Area
http://www.merchmonster.net

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 12:42:27 AM »
We bought one crated and just  shipped it like regular. Called the tech service and they walked me through getting it running.

Went super smooth, and would do it again.

Even though M&R didn't sell me most of my machines new, their customer service and tech support means that I will continue to purchase M&R.  Things break, parts wear out, that is true of any machine. Getting a tech on the phone anytime of the day to diagnose and help you out is invaluable in my opinion.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 07:07:48 AM »
I would crate it yourself (or have the seller do it) and ship over like normal. Since an M&R tech is coming to install / train you I would spend the money on a new head. Not sure of the condition or ink type or how many heads on the machine but that unit is going to sit at least two or three days in a hot hot hot truck or warehouse. I am a firm believer in hoping for the best but prepare for the worst. This way the tech comes once, and not three or six months later when your head goes to poop. Now you have a new head with the new ink installed by the tech because they will have to clean out the old ink and set up the machine for your environment. And then hopefully no worries for a year or two.

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 07:54:22 AM »
You wanna know what we did...

Craters and Freighters.  They picked it up in Boston, crated it and dropped it in the parking lot here in GA for $2700 or $3000, I can't remember.  Worth every penny.  They built some awesome crates.  It included an expo unit as well, so it was 2 pieces.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 09:13:33 AM »
rent a 14" truck and go get it yourself. Save $2K you can use on a new head or the tech.
Leave on sunday, pick up mon morning.; home mon night. I don't make $2k in two days, so yes, it would be worth my timer to do it myself.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 12:39:29 PM »
I agree and would have someone crate it and LTL it myself or just pick up.  If you have someone crate just make sure they know what they are doing with crating and that they follow any instructions from M&R for shut down and moving.   Get pics from them to check and in case there's any damage in transit.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 01:10:54 PM »
I crated one on a big pallet and built walls around it and shipped it to chicago from Georgia, super easy!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender