Author Topic: Reclaim Area Flooring  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Reclaim Area Flooring
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 02:30:18 PM »
In our old shop, we put down a plastic sheet, with thin sub-flooring particle board on top of that, and used vinyl peel and stick tiles, caulked around the edges. It held up for 15 to 20 years, until we moved last year.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 07:32:46 PM »
The spill pallets look excellent.  We need our space for cart traffic though and it's super narrow. 

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 11:07:38 PM »
Have any of you guys ever looked at vinyl plank? Unlike peel & stick squares, it's made so that each plank overlaps the next & they stick to each other, instead of the floor. It creates a floating floor, with no need for underlayment (under normal use.) No idea how resistant it is to chemicals, but it's got to be at least as sturdy as peel stick.

https://www.homedepot.com/s/allure%2520vinyl%2520plank%2520flooring?NCNI-5
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 09:46:05 AM »
We have wooden floors. I covered the area with linoleum (from a roll).

This protects the floor very well. However, it becomes EXTREMELY slippery when wet. We put over the linoleum the grid style rubber mats wherever we would be standing/walking.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2019, 03:55:24 PM »
Have any of you guys ever looked at vinyl plank? Unlike peel & stick squares, it's made so that each plank overlaps the next & they stick to each other, instead of the floor. It creates a floating floor, with no need for underlayment (under normal use.) No idea how resistant it is to chemicals, but it's got to be at least as sturdy as peel stick.

There is some waterproof click flooring product out there now.  A sales guy from the local flooring outfit couldn't get much for confirmation on chemical resistance though.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2019, 06:47:52 AM »
You shouldn't have chemicals on the floor.   Mainly water and possibly very diluted chemical.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2019, 08:58:50 AM »
You shouldn't have chemicals on the floor.   Mainly water and possibly very diluted chemical.

You also shouldn't pee on the toilet seat...but I do it anyway sometimes.  Just clean it up when it happens and you're all good.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2019, 09:15:06 AM »

There is some waterproof click flooring product out there now.  A sales guy from the local flooring outfit couldn't get much for confirmation on chemical resistance though.

I tried installing a vinyl click floor a few years ago, and it literally would not stay together. The flexibility of planks + a weak click system made it an assembly nightmare. I returned it. If that's the material, I hope the product has improved. And even if it's a waterproof rigid laminate, I'd investigate the click system. I've put two different brands in my home - one has stayed perfectly locked, another has a tendency for planks to come loose & slide. Not something I'd trust around water! But the overlapping adhesive vinyl has been great for bath use - definitely waterproof. (Not resistant to purple PVC primer though - ask me how I know! >:( But then, it is vinyl.)
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2019, 09:21:07 AM »
We put NuCore in our basement and it's going in our office soon.  It comes from Floor&Decor.  Last time I bought some the guy helping load said "nobody ever returns this stuff."