Author Topic: Aaaaaaaa!  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Aaaaaaaa!
« on: May 24, 2018, 04:24:55 PM »
Them, "I'm not stealing someone else's design sir, I found something on the internet, and then drawing it myself!"
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Aaaaaaaa!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 04:39:25 PM »
A local acid casualty got heated with us for refusing to print a Disney poster from the 50's.
Started spouting off all kinds of fair use mumbo jumbo because they were "gifts' for friends
but when we kindly explained that WE would be making a profit from the reproduction
he shut the hell up. People sometimes....

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 05:30:42 PM »
A local acid casualty got heated with us for refusing to print a Disney poster from the 50's.
Started spouting off all kinds of fair use mumbo jumbo because they were "gifts' for friends
but when we kindly explained that WE would be making a profit from the reproduction
he shut the hell up. People sometimes....

I have suggested to folks like yours to buy transfer material at an office store, and they can then make their non-commercial gifts all on the up and up and save a few dollars as well.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 06:13:50 PM »
He wanted it on tie-dye of course, so no go on the transfers, though an excellent idea
for similar situations.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 06:18:40 PM »
My guy's email containing said design was not forthcoming either. Probably just as well for you as well as it sounded like a tricky print that essentially decorated the collar of a V neck, and I would have passed it along!

Offline rusty

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 07:07:43 PM »
There should be a stickied thread  where we can just list the BS requests that always come in. Mine today was a detailed black and white11x17  photo to be printed on vintage shirts and jeans being brought over from England for an event next Saturday.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 09:14:48 AM »
Them, "I'm not stealing someone else's design sir, I found something on the internet, and then drawing it myself!"

My stock reply is, "No, that's not going to work, you have been misled." I want to be a wise guy, but I hold my tongue.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't