Author Topic: Interchange MD-8 purging a handful of times on heat up  (Read 736 times)

Offline bryanprints

• Verified/Junior
Interchange MD-8 purging a handful of times on heat up
« on: May 25, 2018, 09:15:45 AM »
Anyone have any experience with this?  Bought an MD-8 used recently.  Once it hits temp it runs perfect all day.  On startup though I'll have the alarm sound a few times and it purges and then I restart and it'll get there eventually.  Have my vents open, regulator looks to be where it needs to be, first gas dryer, not sure where to go with this.

Thanks yall. 

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Interchange MD-8 purging a handful of times on heat up
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 10:47:29 AM »
Ours alarms on startup too(it's supposed to I guess), we switch the heat to off(which kills the alarm), press the blower button and then turn the heat on.  Is this how you start yours up?

Winston would be the one to tackle this.  Have you contacted Interchange?  They are pretty good about getting back to you.  It may take a day or two, but they can usually trouble shoot them quickly.

I will say that of all of the pieces of equipment in the shop, we have the least amount of repairs and maintenance on our MD-8.  The thing just runs.

Offline californiadreamin

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 11:42:09 AM »
Anyone have any experience with this?  Bought an MD-8 used recently.  Once it hits temp it runs perfect all day.  On startup though I'll have the alarm sound a few times and it purges and then I restart and it'll get there eventually.  Have my vents open, regulator looks to be where it needs to be, first gas dryer, not sure where to go with this.

Thanks yall.

I will assume dryer is in good condition, installed correctly, with correct incoming pipe supply both in
Volume and pressure, and soap tested for leaks.
What type of gas? Natural or LP
What is incoming gas pressure on gas?
Spark plug condition? Is gap correct. Do you get a bright spark placed on the ground to test? Is wire and connectors in good condition with no cracks?
When flame is on, what is your flame signal strenght?
How does your flame rod look? If good lightly sand with 320/400 grit paper?
This is where i would start
Good Luck!
Winston

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 05:15:48 PM »
Call workhorse, they sell MD8 and can provide tech support
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline siestasol

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 12:08:32 PM »
Check filters, main blower  for buildup of lint, dust.... Make sure the bottom Fan/blower is clean.