Author Topic: Fire...  (Read 5805 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Fire...
« on: May 31, 2018, 08:55:57 PM »
So our building caught on fire today. Our renter had a fire on his side of our building. Bad deal. 5 fire trucks, his side total loss other than the structure. Lights melted on the ground, all his inventory burnt, his personal truck all plastic on it melted inside and out, glass broken from heat, insulation in most of his side melted and burnt. What a mess. Our side is separated by a block fire wall, which did its job, we took on wicked smoke but that's it, no water or fire on our side.

This wakes you up quick we were in the shop early working and noticed this all develop and that saved this building. If we had been gone it would be gone. The Renter was out on deliveries. He's claiming nothing he did would do this, but he's the only one with a key other than myself. Insurance and inspectors all over my shop all day.  We are still without power. We overnighted breakers that should have my side back with power tomorrow but all garments in our building are shot, probably 30-50k in garments in the mix right now.

I have had several printers reach out to us offering help. Can't thank those of you enough. This will be a rough go until things are sorted out but this is why we have insurance and I am just thankful we have not lost our whole building and nobody was hurt.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Fire...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 09:29:32 PM »
That's wild. Glad you all are ok.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 10:03:40 PM »
holy crap! In the end, material stuff will be replaced. It will be a headache, but hopefully everything works out in the end.

If we can help with printing, please let me know.

thanx,

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 10:21:34 PM »
Having gone through this, I feel your pain bro'. Sounds like you at the very least, have more of a handle on it than I did.
Hopin' for the best for you.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 06:06:46 AM »
damn dude, if you need anything run, let us know.....I can't even imagine
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 06:28:09 AM »
All too often we find out what insurances coverage's we "DO NOT HAVE" after an event such as this fire.

Talk with your individual insurance provider to review coverage's, especially regarding non owned property in your custody and control.
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 06:38:53 AM »
Holy cow, so sorry man.  That has to be such a headache.

Seriously I would offer to help, but I have no time as it is.

Keep us posted on how everything goes.

Offline DonR

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 07:07:15 AM »
I have had this happen to me twice in newspaper plants. No fun at all. First time about 50 years ago, it was started by an employee that was let go. I was just a kid (family business) but it's something that you never forget. The 2nd time was a electrical problem on a brand new piece of equipment. I have very good insurance at my current screen shop.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 07:57:35 AM »
Thank you everyone and thank you for some of you reaching out personally, means a lot and I am not sure what I will need if anything but if we can't get running soon I may need some help getting my current work sorted.

Insurance wise I am covered, we require the renter to insure the space he uses and the potential damage he could do to the whole building and that policy is current and I can only assume will be the paying policy here. However my own insurance is already on the case and are already making all arrangements and moving forward as if they are paying, they will just chase down the other insurance company if fault is found on that end. I have insurance on blanks, equipment, building, lost wages, lost sales, etc. I think we are as in good a position there as we can be, at least that is what I am told. Even if we are not fully covered in some way we will personally cover it. It is what it is as they say. We didn't come this far.

Thank you all, humbled by some of you reaching out.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 08:38:19 AM »
Your own insurance should cover the lost first......Then if the investigation finds "negligence" (they screwed up)  on the part of the "third party" (your tenant) they will "subrogate" (sue them) against them....Good luck.....

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 10:09:55 AM »
Wow, glad you all are good, but I know the pain, had workers putting a new roof on our building and it caught fire, and we all had to evacuate, standing outside watching the fire dept and praying.  Same here if we can be of any help to you all.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline T Shirt1

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 12:08:37 PM »
KEEP A JOURNAL!!  You'll be getting a lot of input from a lot of different people.  Some of them may forget or get over ruled on agreements you make.  Who, when, where topic of discussion - anything and everything pertinent.  My experience is that insurance adjusters were not our friends. Good Luck!!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:21:25 PM by T Shirt1 »
steve

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 12:19:15 PM »
Ya the two insurance companies are already on site and I’ve been in a argument with one. It’s not fun. But today I’m getting power as planned it seems. 

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 12:41:44 PM »
Insurance is a pain in the a$$ to deal with, the laundry mat next door flooded our building twice, causing us to loss a few thousands dollars in already printed orders amongst other things in the shop, took a while but they finally paid for all the damage, but we still had to reorder and reprint Good luck to ya.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 02:48:25 PM »
Insurance agents and banks, wonderful people until you need them.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il