Author Topic: Fire...  (Read 5801 times)

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Fire...
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2018, 10:52:06 PM »
Ya the two insurance companies are already on site and I’ve been in a argument with one. It’s not fun. But today I’m getting power as planned it seems.

You only need to deal with your own insurance company.....Let your adjuster deal with the other adjuster.....

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2018, 07:50:01 AM »
Ya the two insurance companies are already on site and I’ve been in a argument with one. It’s not fun. But today I’m getting power as planned it seems.

You only need to deal with your own insurance company.....Let your adjuster deal with the other adjuster.....

Of course but they were here together and the other guys insurance was trying to delay us getting power back and I let him know he doesn’t have that authority and he isn’t a big enough man to make that happen.  Needless to say I have power as of mid day yesterday. Air scrubbers are running and our warehouse fans are running and we begin cleaning Monday with the cleaning company.

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2018, 11:26:38 AM »
Sounds like things are going as they should be.....

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2018, 11:28:53 AM »
Sorry to hear man but I'm glad everyone is okay. You're one of the most resilient printers out there and I have no doubt you guys come back stronger then ever. I'd offer to print anything you need, but I can't touch the quality you put out, but I'm sure with all the great printers on this board you will manage to keep your clients happy!

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2018, 01:36:53 PM »
Every shop’s worst nightmare. We’re right up 81 if you need anything.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2018, 11:24:37 AM »
im glad people are ok! Crap thats a lot to deal with!

Good luck Buck! Ill throw some good vibes your way!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2018, 01:52:43 PM »
Can we get a Monday update?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2018, 04:02:35 PM »
Cleaning crews have removed all carpet, ceiling tiles and such in our upstairs offices. My staff spent all day today cleaning our printing area and such. Embroidery and half of our art team worked all day here as normal. Over all decent for nearly losing the building just a few days ago.

Insurance has been fantastic. Can't say enough about them. Same with the fire department, fire marshal, and so on. Great people. Your situation can change in a second clearly. My eyes are open even more to this now.

We expect to be printing tomorrow and by Wednesday we should be back to full speed and likely will work over time to finish the work as fast as possible. As bad as it was I am thankful and humbled. Thank you all for support and nice comments public and private.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2018, 04:24:49 PM »
This is all great news.

Did they pinpoint where the fire originated and what caused it?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2018, 06:59:16 AM »
This is all great news.

Did they pinpoint where the fire originated and what caused it?

Zip still. They are going as far as researching the lights back there, there was a bulb busted in one of them, im like duh there was a fire under it. But apparently they are looking into it. Even looking at coffee creamer, as apparently it is highly flammable and there are pallets of that back there. But both of those are a reach because there isn't a glaring reason.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 09:07:14 AM »
Fire is fascinating.  I dated a girl a long time ago that worked on fire research.  She worked with this guy: http://www.firescientist.com/  He is the one who discovered "glazing" can occur even without the use of an accelerant. 

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2018, 09:16:24 AM »
It's a mystery here so far which is the most unsettling part of it for us.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2018, 09:26:39 AM »
Researching the cause of a fire, especially when the fire has affected other premises and "lawsuits" might follow can be a painstaking time consuming process....It is not how the fire started that is relevant but whether or not there was some negligence involved....If it was an electrical fault it may just end at that and each insurer pays their own claims....But if you tenant did something by mistake that caused the fire then your insurer will go after his insurer....Good luck...

PS....Glad to hear your insurer is doing their job...

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2018, 09:38:22 AM »
For sure, and so far no major finger pointing has taken place. I am sure its coming though. Either way I am covered, well covered in fact and worst case I am out a deductible and my insurance company has proceed to handle it as if it is going to be their baby as they will just subregate (spelling) if fault is found. My opinion is someone was in there, but thats just my opinion.

The renter had his brothers car here, which interestingly had a mattress and pillow init, and its been in our lot for a couple weeks (his side). Id love to know why, he claims he is a truck driver and hasn't been around. I am not sure that is true. I just know that car shows up and shortly after we have a fire.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2018, 10:51:46 AM »
subrogate is the fancy insurance word.....I have not been an adjuster for 15 years but still have flashes every now and then...