Author Topic: MSDS for Murakami T9 needed  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
MSDS for Murakami T9 needed
« on: June 04, 2018, 08:19:41 PM »
I would need the MSDS for the T9 emulsion, there is no direct download from Murakami available and the sign up process via their website seem to take ages.
So if any of you would be so kind and email me a copy that would be appreciated.
Trying to figure out why my freight forwarder claims this is a dangerous good, have shipped emulsion for over 10 years from the States to Japan via FedEx and suddenly photo emulsion is deemed to be dangerous?

Offline Alex M

• !!!
Re: MSDS for Murakami T9 needed
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 10:25:47 PM »
I would need the MSDS for the T9 emulsion, there is no direct download from Murakami available and the sign up process via their website seem to take ages.
So if any of you would be so kind and email me a copy that would be appreciated.
Trying to figure out why my freight forwarder claims this is a dangerous good, have shipped emulsion for over 10 years from the States to Japan via FedEx and suddenly photo emulsion is deemed to be dangerous?
All I will say from our end (manufacturing) there is a LOT changing with shipping laws both inter US and for export. Water could be classified as DG if package it wrong... lol... maybe that is a little extreme, but not to far off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 11:14:38 PM »
Hopefully Alan will answer you but if not contact this guy, mailto:h_futamura@murakami.co.jp
Why do want to import a Japanese product?
Is it made in the USA?
I’d like to see the MSDS.
I touch the emulsion all the time, I use it as a filler.
Maybe I shoudn’t Be touching it with my bare finger.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 02:42:50 AM »
Hopefully Alan will answer you but if not contact this guy, mailto:h_futamura@murakami.co.jp
Why do want to import a Japanese product?
Is it made in the USA?
I’d like to see the MSDS.
I touch the emulsion all the time, I use it as a filler.
Maybe I shoudn’t Be touching it with my bare finger.
Buying T9 in Japan cost around US$185/gallon. Incl. shipping I can buy it in the States for around $100/gallon.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 08:18:08 AM »
 :o
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 09:44:02 AM »
Buying T9 in Japan cost around US$185/gallon. Incl. shipping I can buy it in the States for around $100/gallon.

Is that a normal situation with many things, or an fluke with this specific emulsion!?
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 12:23:54 PM »
email me for GHS on Murakami T9,
abuffington@murakamiscreen.com

Sorry for the msds request page being down, we are revamping the website.

Al
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 07:58:58 PM »

Is that a normal situation with many things, or an fluke with this specific emulsion!?
Surprisingly all Murakami emulsions are expensive in Japan even if you buy them directly of Murakami.
5 gallon of Wilflex Epic sets me back US$500. Honestly we hardly buy any supplies in Japan, most of it I order in the States. Emulsion from Chromaline cost me half of what I would pay to Murakami here, even with FedEx shipping included.
Wilflex inks we now buy directly of their plant in China at a 30% discount on their list prices. Good quality frames I get in China too for a fraction of what it would cost me here to buy them. I just get them stretched here by Murakami.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 09:40:18 PM »

Surprisingly all Murakami emulsions are expensive in Japan even if you buy them directly of Murakami.
5 gallon of Wilflex Epic sets me back US$500. Honestly we hardly buy any supplies in Japan, most of it I order in the States. Emulsion from Chromaline cost me half of what I would pay to Murakami here, even with FedEx shipping included.
Wilflex inks we now buy directly of their plant in China at a 30% discount on their list prices. Good quality frames I get in China too for a fraction of what it would cost me here to buy them. I just get them stretched here by Murakami.

Your situation sounds similar to print shops in New Zealand from what I hear. I would then assume Australia as well.