Author Topic: Best way to do inside labels and print on back of neck?  (Read 3011 times)

Offline rusty

Best way to do inside labels and print on back of neck?
« on: June 05, 2018, 12:23:24 PM »
Just curious to see what people think the best way for me print inside labels and then another print right on the back neck opposite of the inside label. I know heat transfers would probe be easiest/fastest.

its 400 pieces and the shirts are white. the customer is worried about the image showing through the other side. The inside print is red and outside pink. I have an auto so if I printed I could put a white underbase.to block any bleeding.

The shirts are port authority

I don't have a hat heat press but it looks like I should get one anyway.

Any suggestions for speed and profitability are greatly appreciated.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Best way to do inside labels and print on back of neck?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 12:29:24 PM »
We do transfers for neck labels for precisely that reason, we never have to think about it bleeding through. It is considerably slower than printing though, so weigh the variables...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 12:33:17 PM »
agreed on the heat transfer labels. they look the best.

But you can also do high mesh (330/355), or add a clear base.

The key is quick strokes, with NO pressure.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 12:38:50 PM »
400 pieces, we would print. Heat pressing that many shirt would be a pain. . .

do some testing, i'd run high mesh, light pressure and see if you can make it work, otherwise the white ubase is a good idea.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline rusty

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 12:45:11 PM »
Thanks for all the input. I think we will test and print them.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 01:24:03 PM »
We print them on our label printer (ASPE). Transfers look nice but we are relabeling 500-1000 units a day for different customers. So we print everything.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 01:36:30 PM »
We print them on our label printer (ASPE). Transfers look nice but we are relabeling 500-1000 units a day for different customers. So we print everything.

our tag printer just collects dust. we never do volume anymore to where it's actually worth tinkering with it.
Night Owls

Offline rusty

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 01:46:17 PM »

our tag printer just collects dust. we never do volume anymore to where it's actually worth tinkering with it.

I've been curious about this.  Those press look great but they seem to come up on the market a lot. Is it people just not getting the volume they expected?

I know another shop that has a pad printer just for neck labels

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 02:06:37 PM »
We use ours on smaller orders. Its just as fast to setup as a manual if not faster. We use it for discharge sleeve hits too when the auto is backed up. We have printed Koozies with it and socks. The newer ones with the hoodie arms are nice. I dont want to deal with transfers at all anymore so we print everything or sew in labels.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 05:52:15 PM »
We sold our ASPE here, moving all of our inside tag prints to inkcups pad printing.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 05:53:35 PM »
We use ours on smaller orders. Its just as fast to setup as a manual if not faster. We use it for discharge sleeve hits too when the auto is backed up. We have printed Koozies with it and socks. The newer ones with the hoodie arms are nice. I dont want to deal with transfers at all anymore so we print everything or sew in labels.

Doing discharge on this press seems insane to me.
Night Owls

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 08:45:42 PM »
We use our RapidTag almost everyday. Transfers have their place but if we are relabeling in the hundreds we are printing them. 230 screens, one pass, low temp additive. Beauty.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 09:46:41 PM »
I don't do it much anymore but we pad print too. I find that it is way easier/faster. Even black ink is light enough to not show through a white tee.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 11:38:15 PM »

Wanna sell it cheap? :D

Offline lancasterprinthouse

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019, 12:41:12 PM »
Digging up another old thread.

For those of you doing transfer tags what transfer paper are you using and what temp are you pressing at? I have a Stahls hat press I would like to use and I’ve done some testing using Arjo Wiggins X90 paper and One Stroke transfer ink but only poly/cotton and tri-blends I’m getting a heat press mark that is making the shirt shiny where I did the transfer. I’ve tried less heat and I don’t get a full transfer. Same with less pressure.

We only have one auto so I would really like to get this off the press and into someone else’s hands so we can free up the press to print more work while neck tags are being applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk