Author Topic: Total Ink Solutions  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Total Ink Solutions
« on: June 05, 2018, 08:12:12 PM »
Just came across that company TotalInkSolutions, well they started following us on Instagram otherwise I would probably never found them anyway.
Never heard of them them here on the forum. No one here using them or maybe some of you do? If so what are their inks like, especially the white plastisol inks? Looking for alternatives to Wilflex products.

Thanks guys.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: Total Ink Solutions
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 08:51:44 PM »
These guys are local for me. About a ten minute drive from my shop. I'm using their pantone system now. Getting pretty good color matches, but the ink itself isn't the greatest, at least for wet on wet printing. I just got a gallon of their low cure white but I haven't tried it yet. I'll be trying it on some tri blends next week. I started using them because they had free pickup on any size order but they just bumped the minimum up to $150 for local pickup so I'm pretty bummed about that.

Tubelite is a little closer to me but I never made an account. Ironically one of their reps came in today to get me setup so I'll probably be switching to them since they're a little closer and they carry Union ink which I wanted to switch over to anyway.

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 09:15:12 PM »
Nice guys and have a lot of options for ink and they carry lots of other products. We tried a few of thier inks years ago, but they didn't perform great on press. Colors were good enough for single color prints, but not for wet on wet. Even flashing with other colors always gave us issues. Never tried thier whites.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 10:59:32 AM »
Nice guys and have a lot of options for ink and they carry lots of other products. We tried a few of thier inks years ago, but they didn't perform great on press. Colors were good enough for single color prints, but not for wet on wet. Even flashing with other colors always gave us issues. Never tried thier whites.

Agreed. Thankfully most of my work is 1 color and the majority of their inks have been fine for that. Their high opaque colors are pretty great for P/F/P if it's a small run and you don't want to do a separate underbase.

I just mixed a nice 395C, looks similar to a safety green shirt. I was worried on the opacity but the print came out bright enough to make the client really happy. I'll let you know how the low cure white performs.

I have a custom mixed color for a large run on black shirts and I need to find a way to make it work wet on wet because there's no way I'm printing that one manually lol.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 08:26:46 AM »
Just a quick update. I mixed 3258C with their system and printed a job wet on wet, where this particular color gets stamped wet. Used a 305 mesh screen that is at about 20 newtons and the results were actually pretty good. Mild build up on the next screen. I reduced the ink about 10% with curable reducer.