Author Topic: Oversized Screen Printing For A Client  (Read 3244 times)

Offline AMBRO_MFG

• Verified/Junior
Oversized Screen Printing For A Client
« on: August 01, 2018, 02:00:10 PM »
Guys, here are some Oversized Screen Prints rolling off of our belt for Captain Morgan's Rum.  These were requested for a corporate event that also involved customers.  Here is the thing.  They were rejected. Ugh.  My question is this, we've all had customers that have had expectations that are ... unrealistic.  This is not a cut and sew project, we screen printed their design on an existing T-Shirt.  The reason for the rejection was that they saw some of the dots in the ascot being blurred, and an area of the printed i.e. the fake, collar also being blurred.  If you look closely in the photo, you will see it.

I'm not sure how many people on this board print AOP, but it's common (at least for us) that when the print crosses a seam, there is going to be a blur.  I don't know of a way to prevent this.  The blur is not because the shirt moves, but more so that there is an uneven surface going from shirt over seam to collar.  Unless this job was done via cut and sew, I'm not sure any other screen printer could have prevented the blur that the customer referred to.

Regardless, they rejected this job, even though we sent pictures in advance and explained the imperfect nature of AOP printing etc.

I'm posting the shirt here to ask opinions on if you find the print to be acceptable?  This is more curiosity at this point since the client already rejected the order regardless of what the general consensus ends up being, I'm just interested in what other people think.

Your opinion good or bad on this print is appreciated.

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Re: Oversized Screen Printing For A Client
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 02:11:42 PM »
To me, there is nothing wrong with what you printed.  That is the nature of AOP from what ive seen.  Great looking print! Its a shame clients do not understand the nature of printing, and have realistic expectations.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 02:57:42 PM »
I hope you all didn't print a butt load of those before they rejected them, but yeah I see nothing wrong with the print, but you could maybe but foam on the pallet that would let the seam on the shirt compress somewhat when printing over a seam 3mm or 4mm foam.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 03:03:44 PM »
Looks like a normal AOP to me, you want something like this to be perfect you need cut/sew really.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 04:41:01 PM »
That looks so freaking cool.  Nice work, sorry your customer is an idiot.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 05:48:28 PM »
Special foam top pallets can prevent this from happening....... overall your print looks good which is a bummer they rejected it..... been down that road before and its never fun
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 07:48:14 PM »
Guys, here are some Oversized Screen Prints rolling off of our belt for Captain Morgan's Rum.  These were requested for a corporate event that also involved customers.  Here is the thing.  They were rejected. Ugh.  My question is this, we've all had customers that have had expectations that are ... unrealistic.  This is not a cut and sew project, we screen printed their design on an existing T-Shirt.  The reason for the rejection was that they saw some of the dots in the ascot being blurred, and an area of the printed i.e. the fake, collar also being blurred.  If you look closely in the photo, you will see it.

I'm not sure how many people on this board print AOP, but it's common (at least for us) that when the print crosses a seam, there is going to be a blur.  I don't know of a way to prevent this.  The blur is not because the shirt moves, but more so that there is an uneven surface going from shirt over seam to collar.  Unless this job was done via cut and sew, I'm not sure any other screen printer could have prevented the blur that the customer referred to.

Regardless, they rejected this job, even though we sent pictures in advance and explained the imperfect nature of AOP printing etc.

I'm posting the shirt here to ask opinions on if you find the print to be acceptable?  This is more curiosity at this point since the client already rejected the order regardless of what the general consensus ends up being, I'm just interested in what other people think.

Your opinion good or bad on this print is appreciated.
It`s a common thing to happen but uncommon that a client will know about this unless he was informed about this happening before he confirmed his order. If the job is anything but standard then we right away inform our clients about possible risks etc before an order is finalized.

Offline Jepaul

• www.youngonecorporation.com
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 08:31:42 PM »
Great looking Print on a sewn garment.  Really good!   I’ll never drink Captain Morgan again in protest

Offline merchmonster

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 11:20:15 PM »
looks good, but there is a reason i no longer run the following types of jobs for anyone:
* over seam printing
* most cmyk 4 color process
* discharge on certain garment types
* printing supplied off brand poly garments without grey barrier.

it's just more trouble than it's worth. customers agree until they decide they disagree.
Merch Monster Screen Printing Embroidery and DTG Direct To Garment Printing
Servicing Oakland CA and the Greater San Francisco Bay Area
http://www.merchmonster.net