Author Topic: Emulsion Which one?  (Read 8397 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: Emulsion Which one?
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2018, 08:31:25 AM »
I don’t want to say it was just a Cryocoat issue but I can’t seem to find anything that says otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speaking of Cryocoat.  I think it's a rebranded emulsion and it seems like I've read it here before but what is the comparison emulsion or is there one?
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline lancasterprinthouse

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2018, 10:03:49 AM »
I don’t want to say it was just a Cryocoat issue but I can’t seem to find anything that says otherwise.

Speaking of Cryocoat.  I think it's a rebranded emulsion and it seems like I've read it here before but what is the comparison emulsion or is there one?

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it is Saati PH

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2018, 11:21:14 AM »
It is the Saati PHU.

The cryocoat has a slight change in rheology.  Allowing it to coat a bit smoother.  Other than that it is exactly the same.

Lancaster - something I never thought of.... and I kick myself for forgetting this... DURING WINTER ;)   Is it possible your gallon of emulsion froze or came close to freezing either during shipment to you or while it was at your shop?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2018, 11:37:58 AM »

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it is Saati PH

It is the Saati PHU.

The cryocoat has a slight change in rheology.  Allowing it to coat a bit smoother.  Other than that it is exactly the same.

Lancaster - something I never thought of.... and I kick myself for forgetting this... DURING WINTER ;)   Is it possible your gallon of emulsion froze or came close to freezing either during shipment to you or while it was at your shop?

Thanks!
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline lancasterprinthouse

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2018, 01:50:13 PM »
It is the Saati PHU.

I had thought of that as well but I have no way of telling now and didn’t think of it until after I had the issues. I make sure I order emulsion far in advance of needing more so when it comes in it goes right to the shelf. By the time I get around to new gallons, if it was frozen it could have easily thawed.

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2018, 01:54:52 PM »
It is the Saati PHU.

SAATI PHU is freeze thaw stable according to the SAATI chemical geeks, we have shipped in colder weather with no apparent problems
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2018, 02:12:18 PM »
Good to know Greg Thanks!
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline n_meza13

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2018, 12:59:40 PM »
I am fairly new to the process as well, I have been using AP-Blue that I bought from Screen Print Direct. its been working great for me so far! :)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2018, 02:07:51 PM »
Can you stop advertising your brand in every thread?  Thanks!