Author Topic: How would you sep this?  (Read 2342 times)

Offline jwcarder

• Verified/Junior
How would you sep this?
« on: June 13, 2018, 12:01:24 PM »
I have a 6-color press and am trying to figure out the best approach for these. We have been working with discharge more lately, so could possibly do that instead of using a base white if needed. We've done blends before, but not on blocky elements like this, so print order suggestions would be welcome too.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: How would you sep this?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 01:08:46 PM »
CALL DAN!!!!!!! with my untrained eyes I'm looking at a couple of blue's and yellow maybe a green also...I think those colors will blend to get what your looking for
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline SEPSINK

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 01:26:47 PM »
You could knock that out by doing those main 4 colors on a white base, and mix the tones where they meet with the colors on each side of it. It will be a slight crapshoot as to what you get, but its a way to pull it off with limited heads. If those tones need to remain darker, you could also halftone the base. Theres no great answer other than to run it on a press with more heads or to do it CMYK process.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:36:24 PM by SEPSINK »
www.seps.ink Color Separations For Screen Printers

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 05:44:57 PM »
Actually C/Y with a DC/UB could work nicely with the Pro colors based back. Depends on how well you are dialed in, but three screens is possible with a bit of trial/error.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 06:00:38 PM »
Just guessing here, but it kind of looked like it would need UB, Blue, Green, Brown and Yellow.  No?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 11:13:21 AM »
As long as you don't need a PMS spot for any of those colors, my first inclination would be for the C(M?)Y(K?), too.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 12:27:40 PM »
Could print this with Discharge Underbase (or plastisol), 4 main colors, and then a transparent black (.2% black and rest shape) with matte additive going over the main colors to achieve a darker tone.  You'll have to experiment with the transparent to get it to where you like it.

In the lower left bar, use the first green, top of the W is the second green, and bottom right bar would be the yellow, with the transparent black for shading you would get an awesome look, bright colors, and not have to mess around with halftones making an ugly looking "representation"

Works with water base discharge too with a better effect in my opinion, however your results won't be the exact same on screen with either, but a great screen printed version without halftones.

Offline jwcarder

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 03:10:01 PM »
I was leaning toward the CMYK print, but I actually love this idea. I will give it a shot and try to remember to post results.

Thanks!