Author Topic: Vastex C1000 Semi autocoater  (Read 1973 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Vastex C1000 Semi autocoater
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 01:53:46 PM »
We have the non moving version of that and like it fine. 

I wouldn't even consider the one being discussed semi-automated.  You still have a worker standing there.  This is more fatigue relief than automation.

Offline Logowear

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 02:31:43 PM »
Our semi auto coater is not faster than coating manually, but I will argue that it is more consistent.
Specialty Stitches

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 02:43:44 PM »
For the semi-auto, are they at least consistent in that you can send anyone back there to coat? Our issue here is finding someone who can actually coat manually. We basically have two people who can coat and I wish we had more. Hell, I suck at coating. If it helped me, Id consider it.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2018, 02:02:08 AM »
I am planning on building one for that reason.     At the moment our main printer and myself know how to coat screens.      We have a lot of printing so I end up doing most of the coating.        I figure that with a unit like this it will be easy to teach more people how to coat.       
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 07:20:09 PM »
with these units, you can still have consistency, as you still have to manually hold the coaters. the screen just moves up and down.

still allows you to push or pull to much into the frame.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2018, 10:18:32 PM »
We picked up a used one last year for $1k and it's been great so far, zero problems, but we are only coating about a dozen screens a day.  I think it's just a bit slower than the 1 handed manual coating style, but there are 3 of us that coat screens here and it has gotten our screen making far more consistent than it used to be manually... and it's easier.  We went though a big move and upgraded our whole shop last year and that little guy in the screen room is one that I am glad we sprung for, I'd definitely buy it again.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 08:03:44 AM »
I can see where it would be slower mainly because of the slow motor speed raising the screen back up for the additional coating.  Also, the benefit of having most anyone getting almost the same eom depending on how much pressure each places the scoop coater against the screen. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.