Author Topic: Major earthquake struck  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Major earthquake struck
« on: June 17, 2018, 07:56:42 PM »
Wow this was a major earthquake that struck right here in Osaka just now. 6 on the Richterscale, was shaking a lot and was scary as hell. Fortunately no buildings collapsed due to the high building standards. Still this is a reminder to be always prepared for the natural disasters.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Major earthquake struck
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 09:30:15 PM »
glad you are all ok!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 11:16:34 PM »
Japan and So.Cal!

I grew up in California.  I know the feeling well.  At least when I was younger, all I had to worry about was how strong will this roller coaster ride be...  Totally different now!

Glad you and yours are all ok.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 12:30:55 PM »
glad to hear you are OK! Hopefully it is as uneventful next time. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 08:32:41 PM »
I don't know whats worse, quick killer Tornado's in Alabama or long lasting devastation of Hurricanes in Fl but I sure don't like the thought of an earth quake. No warnings there at all. At least they are shorter than a hurricane but much worse in destruction I'd think.

At any rate, So glad to still have our TBS member representing Japan.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Online Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 08:04:45 AM »
I'm glad you came through this ok.  I saw it on the news this morning.
It's not a job if you love doing it.