Author Topic: Educational Information  (Read 1104 times)

Offline lancasterprinthouse

Educational Information
« on: June 19, 2018, 06:59:21 PM »
Our little shop has decided to add embroidery services mainly because our clients keep asking for it, we have the room and the hands to run it, and figured it could increase revenue fairly easily. It also keeps these clients from going to another shop that offers screen printing as well.

In any case, my knowledge is pretty minimal on embroidery. I know the basics and I'm not looking to digitize, I will outsource that. Does anyone have any site or YouTube channel recommendations that I can check out to start to get my knowledge level a little higher? Years ago when I first wanted to get into screen printing I hate to say it but those Ryonet youtube videos gave me enough information to get started. From there it was all trial and error until I found my way. 5 years later and I like to think that we do darn good work. This path worked well in the past so I want to travel down the same road with embroidery.

Thanks!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Educational Information
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 09:39:49 PM »
I don't know anything about embroidery, but I do know there is a guy who loves it and does some type of training i'm sure.  Eric Campbell. He has a new job now with one of the industry vendors but I'm sure he's doing some training of some sort now. You can find his name around on the internet.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline SEPSINK

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 01:48:15 PM »
What kind of machines are you looking to get? Our shop works on Tajimas and they are really nice.
www.seps.ink Color Separations For Screen Printers

Offline Flash Ink

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 06:15:18 PM »
We just lost our long time embroiderer and had to promote someone from within. I would love to send him somewhere for a couple day clinic to get his skills up. Anyone know of anything like that?

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 06:52:33 AM »
Check with techs in your area. Many of them offer training.

Offline lancasterprinthouse

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 07:44:57 AM »
What kind of machines are you looking to get? Our shop works on Tajimas and they are really nice.

We’re going with Tajima as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Audifox

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 01:57:27 PM »
There isn't a lot out there for training videos.  For most people it's trial by fire. (sort of speak)

There is this site. Not free, but has a lot of info, depending on what you are looking for.
https://www.embroiderytrainingvideos.com/

And of course there's us from the shirtboard ;D