Author Topic: Brother gtx  (Read 1736 times)

Offline downtowntshirts

• Verified/Junior
Brother gtx
« on: June 24, 2018, 02:05:32 PM »
Anybody running this thing yet. I’m wondering what ink cost is compared to m link.
Tom

Offline JJPrint

• Verified/Junior
Re: Brother gtx
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 08:50:56 AM »
We got the GTX installed about 3 months ago.  It prints well and is reasonably fast.  Ink is $.31 per CC when purchasing the 700cc carts.  The issue that we are having is the maintenance white ink that is wasted, this is a big problem.  There was a firmware update that improved the waste but still too much waste.  If this can be fixed it might be ok.  If you were running the machine several hours daily the waste won't be as bad.

Offline downtowntshirts

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 02:00:14 PM »
Thanks for the feedback!

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 08:44:44 AM »
We got the GTX installed about 3 months ago.  It prints well and is reasonably fast.  Ink is $.31 per CC when purchasing the 700cc carts.  The issue that we are having is the maintenance white ink that is wasted, this is a big problem.  There was a firmware update that improved the waste but still too much waste.  If this can be fixed it might be ok.  If you were running the machine several hours daily the waste won't be as bad.

Do you have a ballpark number of how many shirts and/or hours the machine should run per day to make the waste negligible?

Offline downtowntshirts

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 09:24:18 AM »
Well starting from 0 but I think I can create some work for it. Hopefully can work up to a few hours a day. Anybody know of any competitors with a better system?

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 09:14:28 PM »
Lesser mentioned and discussed, but you should take a look at the OmniPrint Freejet too.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 08:12:34 AM »
Lesser mentioned and discussed, but you should take a look at the OmniPrint Freejet too.

They have a very good video regarding operating costs.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline downtowntshirts

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 08:07:38 PM »
I?m going to go look at a gtx tomorrow. I really like the large print size and the options camera.  Forgot to mention I have 3 retail stores that we can print all kinds of things for so that should help me run it a bit.