Author Topic: Customer Job Approval Sheet  (Read 2692 times)

Offline Cole

Customer Job Approval Sheet
« on: June 27, 2018, 09:51:24 PM »
What is everyone using to make their customer job approval sheet? Something that has a digital mock up of the items to be printed, dimensions of the design, colors swatches that show what inks are to be used, quantities, etc. I've been searching for a while to figure out how to make one of these, but haven't found much. Tried making one in Google docs, but it's just not flexible enough to use on a day to day basis. I'm looking for a template where each job's details can be easily plugged in. I don't want to have to create a whole new document every time. I thought Excel might be good for this, but before I hit YouTube and try to master Excel, I thought I should check in here are see what y'all are using.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Customer Job Approval Sheet
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 09:59:42 PM »
we just made our own template. but our art team still has to go in and edit each one, for each specific job.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 09:06:45 AM »
Same here. We have our own template set up that has the imprint colors, garments, order number, etc. Each order we process has one of these and is edited if there are changes on the job when it gets to press. We make this separate from the actual order as it will follow different steps. This follows the films to the back and it meets up with the order after screens are made and the goods arrive. Then we schedule the print. Makes it easy for re-orders as we can just print another of these sheets rather than make an entire new one. Im sure there are better ways to do it, but this is pretty easy and clear cut. Rarely do we have issues with artwork instructions.

Offline Biverson

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 09:20:58 AM »
I've got 2 that I've made up. One for my regular clients that I attach to the invoice in Printavo. It has ink colors, mocks, placement, and proofing mumbo-jumbo. I'd like to modify this a bit more so that when I hand it off to my employee it can have the print order and show the ink colors. But, it's just me and him so I'm involved in all order at the moment.

The second is a contract work order that my contract clients, a whole whopping 2, have to complete and submit. They submit the Work Order and then I set-up the "Client Proof", attach it to the PDF, and send that as a final proof. It's an interactive PDF which has worked well for the most part.
Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline Cole

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 11:29:34 AM »
I've got 2 that I've made up. One for my regular clients that I attach to the invoice in Printavo. It has ink colors, mocks, placement, and proofing mumbo-jumbo. I'd like to modify this a bit more so that when I hand it off to my employee it can have the print order and show the ink colors. But, it's just me and him so I'm involved in all order at the moment.

The second is a contract work order that my contract clients, a whole whopping 2, have to complete and submit. They submit the Work Order and then I set-up the "Client Proof", attach it to the PDF, and send that as a final proof. It's an interactive PDF which has worked well for the most part.

Thanks for the screen shots! What program are you using to make that top one? The only thing I can't figure out how to do is add the mock ups easily. I've been trying to find something where you just click "add attachment" or something so that a photo can be quickly uploaded onto an info sheet. Doesn't seem like anything out there has that feature.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 11:46:07 AM »
this is what we send.

Once customer approves this we drop it into google drive. - then after we order the job sheet goes in back. So the staff in back have the job sheet with all the info and a art info, and a mock on a tablet so they can look at it in color and zoom in for detail.

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 12:12:34 PM »
This is what we use.  Simple and to the point.  I find the mockup of the shirt from my supplier, copy and paste it in, and size the art on top all in illustrator.
I print this out once the customer approves, and it goes to my print department.

Offline Biverson

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 09:07:02 PM »

Thanks for the screen shots! What program are you using to make that top one? The only thing I can't figure out how to do is add the mock ups easily. I've been trying to find something where you just click "add attachment" or something so that a photo can be quickly uploaded onto an info sheet. Doesn't seem like anything out there has that feature.

Photoshop. I?ve got all the fields set to text. I use the suppliers images, copy and paste. I?ve got custom actions set up to knock out the white and add a drop shadow, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline Cole

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 09:57:28 AM »
Seems like Photoshop might be the way to go. Up til now I've just been sending people mock ups and matching the ink colors in their design to the closest Pantone. I just wanted to create a better job approval sheet so that it could be more presentable to the customer. Being a one man shop, I hate adding these kinds of extra steps. Just one more thing on top of the mountain of things I need to do. In the end, it will be worth it I'm sure. Protects me from customers saying art sizes/colors are wrong. Luckily, I haven't experienced an unhappy customer yet. Thanks everyone for the shots of your job sheets! I appreciate this forum so much. You guys are always so open to offering advice and tips. It's been a huge help for a guy like me who's just starting out.

Offline rusty

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 10:15:06 AM »
Here is my basic form. I am a one person shop with part time help at the moment. I have this as an illustrator file and pdf so its easy to customize. I alter as I need though I am working on having a few different ones for sweatshirts, totes etc. Bring them up when needed I don't like having too many things on it for customers. Looks too busy. Like it nice and simple. No complaints yet.